+ Reply to Thread

Is Latest Version of PhoneAlarm Stable?

I am running 1.27 and it seems generally OK. Latest version not in Beta seems 1.30.03. Anyone running this on a 6600 with success?
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Yes. I don't use all the bells and whistles (automated call forwarding, data counts, etc.) so I can't speak for that, but the basics are working fine for me.

Sphinx seems to be pretty active in the PA forums. You might check with him.

Yes i rely on this program on a daily basis. I consider it a necessary program. I am running the latest and it works great.
    Tanguy de Courson

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryyyyy
    I am running 1.27 and it seems generally OK. Latest version not in Beta seems 1.30.03. Anyone running this on a 6600 with success?
    jerryyyyy,

I have been running 1.26 for quite some time with relatively good success. Yesterday, to help out Bruce, I installed and started running 1.30.03.

Other than one problem I've noticed with SMS (sometimes at initial receipt of a message, the device's screen will remain off, though it does vibrate/sound), all of the basic functionality seems to be working.

Voice Mail reminders and count, which seems to have been the hardest to implement, seems to be working correctly, both incrementing and decrementing well.

I use a XV6600 on Verizon.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreigz
    jerryyyyy,

Voice Mail reminders and count, which seems to have been the hardest to implement, seems to be working correctly, both incrementing and decrementing well.

I use a XV6600 on Verizon.
    Kreigz, would you mind checking VM and confirm that if you receive 2 VM's in a row that the count actually goes to 2 and not back to ZERO? PA is VERY stable, but I have been doing some testing on VM count (Verizon) and found that there are two separate SMS messages. One indicated a new or additional VM and the other is a CLEAR VM count.

PA on my system seems to alternate indication of NEW VM or CLEAR VM no matter which SMS is received. Bruce said that he was going to correct this in 1.40Beta3. I was hoping you could verify that you were having the same issue with your phone.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

OH...

Outside of the Voice Mail count, PA seems VERY Stable... Also there are some nice features being added in the 1.40 Beta's... I ran 1.30.3 with no issues (Other then VM count). 1.40Beta2 also seems very stable. There are a lot of new features... Some features like FastBlink do not work in the 6600 because the hardware does not support it.
    Verizon XV6600WOC

I'm having a minor issue w/VM count usint 1.30.03.
    If VM is checked and cleared from another line, PA will still keep 1 message listed and the alarm will blink. I can shut off the alarm, but the count will only go to zero with a soft reset.
    There has only been one version that handled this totally correctly (it was one of the betas) but I can't remember which one, or for that matter, find it!
    Other than that, I love it.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Thanks for the comments. I have loaded 1.30.03 and it seems to work fine. I will use it until the 1.40.x version seems more stable. I get scared away by the discussions on their forum regarding phones turned into bricks.

Just one thing, the "location" option has never worked on Sprint right? This is where you use a tower number to set what profile is used. Seems it should work because I can, I believe, see the tower numbers in the "Field Trial" application. I believe they are called the "active set". Please excuse me advertising my ignorance if this is wrong about this as I do not work in telecommunications.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Actually, just looked and I am using 1.40b2.
    But same thing is happening since the 1.30rc. It was only the 1.30 betas that worked correctly for me.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I will try to remember to post an update here once Bruce releases Beta-3. If you could send pocketmax(at)gmail.com a log of your voice mail communication, it might help him to get this licked for once and all.

I would recomend trying to leave your self 3 voice mail messages, and then delete them all on the 4th call.
    Verizon XV6600WOC

I just prowled around a bit on Bruce's site and it look like the location option is on this list for 1.40 development. Is it working on the Beta versions?
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    sphinx88,

Hmm ... I didn't notice. Wait a second ...

Just tried it ... Missed Calls increment fine. Voice Mail went to zero on second voice mail.

Gosh dang it! Shoulda been more careful in testing. Sorry for my above post.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

I recall that somewhere Bruce said that Sprint just sends a signal that there is voice mail, not how many. You have to use the missed calls count, which is of course not accurate on how many calls left messages.

I assume the location function still does not work in 1.40.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by jerryyyyy
    I recall that somewhere Bruce said that Sprint just sends a signal that there is voice mail, not how many. You have to use the missed calls count, which is of course not accurate on how many calls left messages.

I assume the location function still does not work in 1.40.
    The VM thing is frustrating, even when it does work. Using the missed calls count is rarely valuable, since people leave messages when the calls don't even register (as you inferred). I find it amazing that with all the technology in the phones and the systems that Spring can't send a signal with the total number of new messages.

Location has never worked w/Sprint.
    Peace ~ Trident

IMHO, this application tries to do too much for too many platforms, but it is still the best I can find for the alarms and profiles.
    Overclocked to 729Mhz