+ Reply to Thread

Question How to view Windows Media Player Mobile in Full screen Portrait mode?

Is it possible to view video in Windows Media Player Mobile in full screen portrait mode? If so will someone please tell me how.
    Thanks
    Mitchell

Euphorically Confused
    I had it happen once by accident, but I could never figure out how to get it back. I would be interested in this too.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Unless you have a video that's shot in a vertical aspect ratio, I would think full-screen portrait mode would either distort or crop the image too much to be very useful.

[edited to fix typo]
    Last edited by SeaRaven; 03-24-2006 at 12:48 AM.

I have used TCPMP The Core Pocket Media Player and forced video into full screen portrait mode and it doesnt look to bad. I want to watch tv through Orb and dont want to have to hold my ppc in my hand, want it to sit in the desktop charger.
    Last edited by mllora81; 03-23-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mllora81
    Is it possible to view video in Windows Media Player Mobile in full screen portrait mode? If so will someone please tell me how.
    Thanks
    Mitchell
    Tools --> Settings --> Audio & Video --> Play video in full screen: switch from "never" to whatever your preference is.
    Verizon XV6700 - Sony HBH660 - Globalsat BT338 GPS - AData 2GB miniSD - Parrot CK3100.

I don't think you understood me, I am trying to get full screen portrait mode, not full screen landscape mode.

Sorry, I read the question too fast and missed the portrait part.
    Verizon XV6700 - Sony HBH660 - Globalsat BT338 GPS - AData 2GB miniSD - Parrot CK3100.

Euphorically Confused
    Actually, when it happened to me, it was not "full screen" full screen, but rather the borders and buttons were removed and the picture went from one side to the other. The aspect ratio was still the same (or pretty close so you would not notice the difference that much), just the picture was larger. It was quite a bit bigger though and I wish I knew what happened to make it happen the first time. I have WMP set to always go to full screen (landscape), but one time it did not switch to landscape and stayed in portrait.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    TCPMP is your best bet dude. It plays everything beautifully. I recently ripped some of my DVD's and placed them on my SD card. The Family Guy movie, RoboCop, Jurassic Park, etc. They all look terrific in full screen mode that TCPMP provides.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

Back to a PDA.... YES!!!!! degeiso's Avatar
    yes i agree tcpmp is the way to go, much better of a video player than wmp in my opinion. plus it will play formats like xvid/divx.
    Luke

At&T Tilt with 8GB AData SDHC card.

I changed file associations in TCMP to open asx files, so I can watch my orb videos through TCMP. Now the videos wont play correctly. The video jumped ahead 24 minutes and then only played for a few seconds. Any suggestions for changing settings in TCMP? Do I need to download codecs for TCMP?
    Thank you all for your imput.
    Mitchell

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mllora81
    I changed file associations in TCMP to open asx files, so I can watch my orb videos through TCMP. Now the videos wont play correctly. The video jumped ahead 24 minutes and then only played for a few seconds. Any suggestions for changing settings in TCMP? Do I need to download codecs for TCMP?
    Thank you all for your imput.
    Mitchell
    I can't comment on the video problem, but I can tell you that TCPMP has all the latest and commonly used codecs already integrated.

I play orb files without any problems.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.