+ Reply to Thread

is anyone able to listen to music through bt headset?

I was just curious? Im new to the forum. I have the vx6600 phone, If someone is able to listen through the headset please tell me how, I played with these bluetooth audio redirector but it only works on other phones

Search, search, punctuate, search.
    Last edited by SeaRaven; 03-28-2006 at 01:20 AM.

search what, I know it can be done on other phones theres nothing here about the vx6600 and this topic.

Ok is there anyone with the vx6600 phone playing audio through their bt headset

r u same persen as snowmandc

Do a search for A2DP, BT820, and/or 590a, and you should find plenty of information. There's quite a lot of info to absorb, so it may take you a while to sort through it all.
    Basically, you just need to add the A2DP patch, then find a BT headset you like.
    Good luck.
    Mick

Thx mick very usefull info, I installed and sont see anything different, Im assuming ill see something under bluetooth section, If thats not right let me know. Also I have a plantronics 510 and a vx6600 phone, I was able to listen to sound from my pc to this headset fine, just not from the phone

actually under new now I see high quality audio device but when I try to pair it with my plantronics 510 it aint happenin, Does this mean I have to go buy some bluetooth stereo headphones or go buy another bluetooth head that is supported in both modes?

To answer the question for you. yes!

ehud help

there is no ROM available (or patch) to upgrade our phones(or the bluetooth stack with the correct profiles) to be compatible with a2dp so we can hear every sound produced by the pda in the headset. some people have been able to get parcial results with the bt850 and some patches made my mswlogo and tested by ehud but no progress in this field (i wish i knew about this before i purchased my h3 headset about a week ago) you can read the 30 plus pages about bluetooth patches and rom available here

PPC6600 / PPC6601 Bluetooth Success / Failure

there is a guy who was able to get wm5 (wm5 as it is in not compatible with a2dp...what a shame window$) be able to get sound thru the headset with an unknown ROM if you want to check it out here is the link

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2779

ehud i have been looking for the answer to this for weeks with no luck (i tried google, here, xda-developer) hopefully you can direct me to the rigth path if im mistaken but as far as i know based on my research it is NOT possible yet to hear audio (stereo or mono) on a bluetooth headset.
    i have myself installed the 3500 stack with the gwaudio.dll from 3100 stack and its working ok until now but my main goal hasnt been acomplised (listen to mp3 with my bluetooth headset)
    hope this help and just like everyone else here in the forum

search, search, search....

erik

Well if no one else is going to comment here I guess I will. You should search for messages about the A2DP patch/hack for the PPC-6600. The 6700 is a different story (a story best told on the 6700 forum I would say), and some very different things are going on there with using the stereo headsets as I understand it.

FOR THE PPC-6600 STEREO SOUND WITH BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES WORKS GREAT.

Now, you need to use the A2DP patch, and you need headphone that will connect to that profile (I used the Motorola HT820 and am very very happy)… check out:

Motorola HT820 Stereo Headset

if you just really can’t bother to search. All sounds which my phone would typically make are now heard though my headset and all is wonderful. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say kurtslash, you are wrong, and you did not search, search, search.

Best of luck,
    Tyler

Fully Converged
    SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH...

I've done as much work on this topic as anyone here, and the results are there...Read the FAQ's and stickies, and if you still don't see what you are looking for, use the search function. If you STILL cannot find what you are looking for, at least let us know what you have searched for so that we can point you in the right direction. This topic has been covered on here MANY times over and is quite possibly the single most redundant topic on this forum, so I have a hard time believing that a search turned up nothing at all. Threads like this only serve to anger and frustrate those who have been here and put in the work to find the answers to the questions you are looking for. The answer is here. Start searching and reading posts. Even if it takes you a while and you have to read a lot of other things you arent searching for, you might find other useful information and you will definitely learn more about your phone.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

ok since this is a very common topic why not make it easy for the "new" user like me and make it sticky and very clear so pleople dont ask about it. i went through the 30 plus pages of the sticky thread about the bluetooth patches, and upgrades and nothing anwered my question as a matter of fact i didnt start this thread i was just triyin to help this guy (isnt that the main purpose of this forums "to help pleople find the anwswer they look for") and i did tell them to search as i did.
    i know is possible to pair the bt820 headset with the patch realesed by broadcom but my bluetooth headset is not stereo as far as i know and i wanted to at least hear the music in mono (i know i know music in mono is yuk) but i cant wear my bluetooth headphones at work but at least i can wear my bluetooth headset and the music is just to relax me and i can probably listen to some audio books and mono and that wouldnt be so bad.
    rigth now i have the 3500c patch that i downloaded from ehud with the 2.04 rom and wm10 plus the patch from broadcom to enable bt stereo but with my current headset (razr h3) it is not possible to pair it. i havenot pairing issues whatsoever but i know its possible to hear at leat mono audio thru a bt headset as far as i know.
    and yes i do agree with you search button is your best friend that why i have only 4 post so far but i have upgraded my rom, the bt patches, wm10 and much more just by searching.....

thanks for any help you can provide..

erik

Fully Converged
    kmc,

Please read the stickies from now on. You don't have to sort through thirty pages as I found this on the very first post half a screen down on the "Summary of Roms and Patches" thread stickied at the top of the forum:

"What patches and new ROMs do not fix:

It does not fix Voice Command over the headset.
    It does not enable PDA Audio over the headset (e.g. no MP3)."

There is your answer. For even more information, search for "standard audio bluetooth" and you will see a thread I posted at or near the top. Many of us have put in countless hours to provide information about our phones, and our time is NOT best spent redundantly posting information that is already out there. The answer you want is more than likely already there. If you search and still have no luck, please at least tell us what you searched for. You have the materials and tools at your disposal. Use them. At the very least if you can't find what you are looking for you may learn other useful information about your phone.

Erik,

Nothing against you, but I personally have answered this question what seems like endless times. If I was a mod and could make it a sticky or add it to the FAQ I would. Nevertheless, search for "bluetooth standard audio" and the first topic you will see covers all the work and numerous hours of time I put in on the subject, not to mention that the answer is directly given in the "Summary of patches and ROMs" sticky.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

I think the last suggestion is great, that a moderator make a simplified sticky with the basic instructions. Frankly, I have not gone into this venture myself since it is so bloodly complex and there are so many threads to read. To me, it looks like the bottom line for the 6600 is:

1. The HT820 headset is proven to work.
    2. You need at least the 3500 bluetooth stack (not sure on this).
    3. You need the A2DP patch.

Could it be this simple?
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Another working headset!

Sonorix OBH-0110 stereo A2DP folding headset (www.sonorix.com), works ins stereo w/ TCPMP on the xv6600 with 3900 stack and pda2k Broadcom HQAudio patch. PLUS, this device has an "Audio adapter" that allows non bluetooth devices to use a 1/8" headphone connector to use the stereo bluetooth headphones as well. Has a detachable microphone boom to allow use in headset mode, too. I've had it for over a year and love it...
    Verizon XV6600 with EVDO, 2GB SD card, ASync v3.8
    2.07 Firmware(3900 stack) plus pda2k HQ audio patch
    Slingplayer Mobile 1.0 [works now!]
    4GB SD; xcpuscalar oc to 530mhz
    Sonorix OBH-0110 A2DP stereo Bluetooth headphones
    Mugen 3550 mAh battery
    Krusell Dynamic MultiDapt case, on order...

Striving for Understanding novuslotus's Avatar
    I've just begun to sift through the volume of information on several threads about a bluetooth device being used for both calls and listening to mp3's, so in all honesty I still have no clue what is going on. However . . .

. . . doesn't the iTech Clip S35 (or, I guess, the newer version of that which is an R-prefix or something) seem to work with both, if used with the correct patch (the Broadcomm patch, maybe)? I'm guessing the reason there isn't a sticky on this is because the latest info seems to be changing every month or so, and at the same time the interest in the XV6600 is dwindling, but I agree that a sticky with just the basics would be really helpful to those of us who are less, uh, technologically inclined?

But in any case, just thought I'd throw my two cents in there, although it shamefully has turned into more of a question than a real piece of advice . . .