+ Reply to Thread
    Medley of Extemporanea

One trip to a sprint store can really mess up your day...

Well, a couple of days ago I noticed that my 6600 was acting strange. The power on button would work to turn on the phone but the same button would not turn off the phone. The phone would turn itself off after a couple of minutes as usual and I could wake it up using the on button but the same button would not turn off the phone. Weird huh?

So, on weds. I was on my way to a meeting and when I got there, I pulled the phone out of my pocket and I noticed that the phone had hard reset. Yep, everything was gone and I was back at the align screen stuff. (Yes, I have really good backups so no problem there). However the button problem was still there. I tried numerous hard resets and the problem wouldn't go away.

So, yesterday I bought my phone to the Sprint store. (I have the insurance plan). I dropped off the phone and came back an hour later. They told me that they couldn't fix it and would I consider accepting a 6700 as they were out of 6600's and weren't sure when they would get a 6600 again.

Honestly I was happy with my 6600, but I figured, why not.

So far it's a nice phone, but now I have three docking stations, two car chargers and a couple of usb cables that are pretty useless now. Now I have to acquire docking stations for my home and second office all over again. I ordered an aluminum case for the 6600 last week and it just showed up. That's pretty useless now. I know, I know. I shouldn't complain, I did get a new phone.

Anyway, I'll probably make the 6600 accessories available for sale soon. If you guys need me, I'll be in the 6700 forum.

This is what happened to my G1000 a year ago, a stuck space key and I got the 6600. I feel your pain because I do not want to replace all the rest of the 6600 stuff either plus this time the SD cards will not work in the 6700 and I have the same ones in my camera. I am pushing the buttons real gently nowadays.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

wish they would swap out the memory cards for our inconvenience

Back to a PDA.... YES!!!!! degeiso's Avatar
    i have a xv6600 and a xv6700 and to be honest i like my 6600 better. maybe ill sell the 6700.
    Luke

At&T Tilt with 8GB AData SDHC card.

There are a number of 660x's on eBay going for reasonable prices. I'm tempted to pick up one (or two) to guard against this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dalai lama
    There are a number of 660x's on eBay going for reasonable prices. I'm tempted to pick up one (or two) to guard against this sort of thing.
    That's how I got mine. Worked out great.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600