+ Reply to Thread

How do i Update if I dont have the USB data cable?

I have the xv6600, and my data cable got chewed up by my stupid dog, so where do i go from here when it comes to downloading and upgrading the ppc? Any help would be appreciated.

I highly recommend getting another data cable. You can get a travel cable for $20 from Verizon directly.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Administrator
    OR go to wally world if your dont boycott them and get the universal cable for less than 20 bux...

they have one at walmart? what is it called?

Administrator
    im not sure but its a universal usb cable. it has different ends you put on the it to work with a number of devices. it has the familiar retractable style. i have it and it works just fine. good size wires not thin like some others i know

well im missing the adapter that allows me to hook one end to the phone and the other to the pc, that was lost to my dog too. so how would i replace that?

Fully Converged
    you can always get chuck norris to simply have the update get itself onto your phone out of fear
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

well thats great, any more ideas, is there any OTA features for the 6600 kind of like the blackberry?

Administrator
    chuck go to wally world... get the universal one...that kit has all you need...

can i get the name to the kit so i know what im lookin for, is it a usb kit or is it somethin else, im trying to emphasize that i need the connector to the phone as well as the usb cord, so what would that universal pack be called?

Administrator
    all you need is the cable. it has the mini usb end for the phone and the conventional usb end for the pc. i dont know the name but you will see it back there whee they sell the routers, cdrs, etc. cant miss it .. its in a blister pack.,,,

ok so i got the cord, now what, there is no usb port on the phone, and my dock is screwed, where do i go from here, please excuse my noobness. i only had this phone for a lil over a week.

Administrator
    chuck!!!!!

DAMN im so sorry bro! you have a 660X!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uugh i thought you had a 6700!! man i apologize profusely for this error!! i was wondering why my posts were not making sense to you.

tell you what, i have a ppc techs sync and charge retractable cord here. i will send it to you if you would like. it has the end to fit the 660X and the other end is USB. let me know .. downside is you would have to wait for the mail....

well i guess a couple days couldnt hurt me. i spent 25 on the cord so i guess it would be a fair deal. sure ill pm you the info for mailing. thanx a bunch