+ Reply to Thread

Updated radio, Phone is DEAD

I think is one of the first post here, I'v been around for a while, reading and learning. Now, my radio was HA00_140 and I upgraded to HA01_150 and I was unable to have signal. What I did wrong.

Ehud: If I try the EVDO update from Sprint, which will update my Radio, would my signal will be affected? Also, FYI, my carrier is a Local company in Puerto Rico, but my PPC is from Sprint, I bought it at ebay, and had it programmed to be part of their network.

Thank you for all the help.

OE

Just a guess but did you try to revert the radio back to 140?

yes.. And it worked again. But my question is, why with r140 the phone receives signal and with any other the phone is dead, no signal at all.

OE

Ok
    first things first. Your radio versio is HA00_140. This is the sprint radio version. HA01_140 would be the preloaded verizon radio version. The reason why your update to radio HA01_150 is a nono... It wont work for your phone. That is the radio update for the verizon phones, not sprint. Thats why you were unable to get any signal. HA00 radios are the non EDVO versions for the sprint harriers while the HA01 radios are the EDVO enabled versions. I've seen something awhile back about Beta EDVO updates for your sprint harrier but being a verizon user never realy paid much attention to them.[For all i know, this update your talking about may or maynot be the formentioned beta. Is it? I have no idea what the radio version code for it is.] Do a search and you should be able to find something. Just keep inmind, when updating things on your phone, make sure that they are compatable before hand. Some are verizon only, some sprint only while others are cross compatible. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jago; 03-30-2006 at 03:21 AM.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

thank you for the Information. It helped me a lot. Thank you Jago.

OE

No problem, i've been realy bored at work latly =[ the forum keeps me not so bored while at work. =P glad i could help
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151