+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Insurance replacements....

I just got insurance for my xv6600

if i need to replace it with insurance, what would I get

xv6600, xv6700, treo 650/700w?

has this happened to anyone recently? (meaning after it was discontinued)

Latest Lockline replacement:

I guy I sit next to who has one of our 6600's was wondering what people have been getting lately from Lockline as a replacement? His phone isn't charging.........and was wondering if he takes it to local Sprint store, will they have a 6600 to replace it or will they upgrade him to the 6700?

Euphorically Confused
    Just to clarify, the Sprint store and Lockline are two seperate entities. If he goes to the store and warrants a replacement, they will probably give him what they have in stock. Lockline, on the other hand, may still have (or be getting) refurb. 6600's to send as insurance replacements. If your friend has had his phone for less than a year, he should go to the store first as the phone is still under warranty.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

He says that it's a refurb'd one he got from Lockline last summer. Does this mean he needs to contact Lockline first or just go to the local store?

My 6600 had a small screen crack two weeks ago. Took it to my store in NOLA and they gave me another one. No 6700 replacements yet.

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    I can personally attest to Sprint sending the 6700 as a replacement. Sprint sent me a 6700 to replace my 6600 as they only had the 6601 in stock.

I did it over the phone with lockline, so your mileage may vary.

I sent the 6700 back yesterday as I decided to stick with the 6600. Also they were very cool and didn't even charge the $50 whatever fee.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

Since I realized that I was a couple of days short of 1 year, I hauled my device back into the store that I purchased it from and I should know what they come back with within an hour or so, I will keep the group updated.

I took my device back with a non-functioning down button...

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMANITY
    I can personally attest to Sprint sending the 6700 as a replacement. Sprint sent me a 6700 to replace my 6600 as they only had the 6601 in stock.

I did it over the phone with lockline, so your mileage may vary.

I sent the 6700 back yesterday as I decided to stick with the 6600. Also they were very cool and didn't even charge the $50 whatever fee.
    You sent the 6700 back !!!

Just curious why, although I loved th 6600 the 6700 is soo much nicer.

Speed, Camera, VC initiation over bluetooth, Bluetooth works better, built in wifi.

Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble with my xv6600 which seems to only be attestable to a defect (Verizon service). Naturally, I would like to return it - and get a 6700 if possible, even if I have to pay a few dollars to accomplish it. I bought my xv6600 brand new on eBay, and still have all the packaging and everything. My question is - am I eligble for a replacement? Where can I find more details on the topic? I at LEAST need a working device =\ Right now I can't use it as a phone at all.

Cheers,
    Mahtan

I'm curious about the same thing - my xv6600 w/ Verizon appears to be defective, but I have insurance. If I can get an upgrade, I'd much prefer to do that... but if they're going to give me the same model (xv6600), I'll spend a few more hours trying to fix it first, because I'm in college and need to borrow a car whenever I want to go anywhere

Can't comment on Verizon, but Sprint sent me a 6700 as they didn't have anymore in stock.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo
    You sent the 6700 back !!!

Just curious why, although I loved th 6600 the 6700 is soo much nicer.

Speed, Camera, VC initiation over bluetooth, Bluetooth works better, built in wifi.
    The two main reasons were the substantially reduced screen size and the switch to MiniSD.

I could have probably learned to live with the smaller screen, although I wouldn't have liked it. The switch to MiniSD is what really pissed me off.

I don't see a logical reason for HTC to switch to MiniSD. Some will argue that it would keep the phone smaller, but the 6700 is thicker than the 6600.

I use the 6600 to watch full length movies while on multiple 3-6 hour flights, so every inch counts when you're dealing with an already smalls screen.

Speed: is not an issue. I have my unit OC'ed to 587MHz and it's stable. Even running at the factory speed of 400MHz gives me no problems even when watching movies that I've encoded in a high bit rate.

Camera: Definitely agree that the camera on the 6700 is much nicer, but even then it's not what I would consider a 'real' digital camera. I carry a tiny Casio EX-SLIM that shoots pictures at 3.2MP and that's perfectly find for what I use it for. Outside shots, internet stuff, etc. I never print anything.

VC: Never interested me. It's easier just to hold a speed dial button than talking. Just personal preference.

BT: Again, no arguments there. I got slightly better range with the 6700, but it wasn't anything to brag about. I use a Motorola BT speaker phone in my van and an earpiece when out and about. Honestly I rarely ever use the earpiece as I find it easier just to pick up the phone and use it 'normally.'

Wi-Fi: Again it would have been nice to have, but I really don't see myself using it. I use a bluetooth dongle on my home and work network, so wireless connectivity is no problem. If I want internet access on my laptop, I just use WModem or PDAnet.

my friend and i both got identical phones a year ago, xv6600's

i have the asurion insurance, he has asurion+completecare (replacement in store)

My friend wanted a new phone, so he deleted soem core files in the rom, and turned it into semibrick

i went with him to the store out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome

my verizon store, zip code 06001, had no more xv6600's

he was offered:

XV6700, Samsung i730, or Treo 700w

(the i730 was a refurb, others were new)

he chose the 700w, then proceeded to ebay it and buy an xv6700 (he made ~100)

has anything similar happened to you?

I like that +completecare option....I wish Sprint had that! (or do they?????) With the Sprint insurance, which is fairly common with most of them, they say they will replace it with a compatible device....and they get to define compatible. Back when PDA phones were not as common as they are now, you could get anything with any OS as long as they deemed it a PDA phone. I had a friend who sent in his 6600 just after they were released and they sent him a Treo 600 (2nd generation since the Treo 650 was out and totally OS with 1/5 of the memory) it was so obviously under what he fought it and they did end up sending him another 6600 a month later when they had some more instock.

Now-a-days, PDA phones are a lot more popular so they rarely run out of Refurb phones. They are pretty good at giving you an upgraded phone if they don't have yours. Bottom, is by the contract you get what they send you.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Interesting posts, thanks guys. I just filed a claim with Asurion through Verizon. I'm crossing my fingers that they will be pleasant and easy to work with, because it took me a long time to make my decision to get my xv6600 and actually fork over the cash, even on eBay, so I'm really hoping for at least a brand new equivilant... if not an upgrade.

Interesting points. I'm filing an insurance claim and wondering if I'll get a 6600 or 6700 in return for my present xv6600. I'm really hoping for the 6700, despite the fact that I like the design on my 6600 more, for the WiFi + Camera. I'm on my school's campus a lot, which is completely wireless, and being a college student I can't afford an EVDO connection... furthermore, I hate carrying any more electrical gadgets than I need to (parties aren't kind to them, and one is a lot easier than 3 to keep track of), but I love taking pictures at parties.

Talking Well Looks like 6700 are being given out

Yep got my 6700 in exchange for the 6600. All those programs to change......

at the store or from lockline?

please post what you get, i am interested to hear

I'm going to try to manually fix it for now, seeing as Verizon + Asurion, though they tried to be helpful, were not at all. Asurion told me since it was a malfunction I needed to go to a Verizon store, and they told me since it was a Michigan based account and I live in California they couldn't do anything, and furthermore that they didn't know much of anything about PDA phones. So now I have to call Verizon's tech support and get them to authorize the replacement through Asurion.

I'm not even sure I want a different phone, is the problem. I love the way the xv6600 is set up ergonomically and everything, and the only advantage I see to any other phone is built in WiFi and improved bluetooth capabilities... but even the 6700 and the samsung i730 feel crappy and unappealing to me. The screens are too small and the casing on the phone too... I don't know, cheap-feeling, + the antenna will get caught on stuff, and ontop of it they look to me like they were designed in the 80s.