+ Reply to Thread

Thread: evdo settings

Question evdo settings

ok, I DID A SEARCH, ok now that thats off my chest, quick question, i have the evdo beta test on my phone. now i dont know how it works. my phone still dials 777 to connect to the internet. is this normal? i get the 1x and ev sign on the top of my screen. do i have to change any settings to get evdo to work? Thanks

As far as i know the #777 dialup number will work in the EVDO range. I seemed to get 1.5M as promised when i was in the city last. the 777 number is an auto-sensing number and as the towers are set up for EVDO, this 'overpowers' the 1X and standard Digital stacks.

Just what i have found.

If it works anything like it does on the verizon phones, #777 is just the number your phone dials up to connect online to the towers to establish and open internet connection. As to the [EV] and the [1x] that appear next to your start menu. That is how you can tell which kind of connection that you currently have at that moment. If it says [1x] then the area you are currently in may not have the EDVO service. If it says [EV] then you are recieving an EDVO signal and recieving the speed benefits associated with it. Just because it may say [1x] at times doesn't necessarily mean that there is no EDVO signal though. Since EDVO on the sprint networks is still fairly new, you may recieve what us verizon users used to recieve and at times still recieve. It 'was' once called the 1x dance. [if its still called that..or something else, i'm unsure] What this is is when your signal switches [dances] back and forth between [EV] and [1x] trying to establish a constant connection. This little dance sucks btw. It speeds up battery drain because its constantly switching back and forth trying to recieve the best connection. This is to the best of my knowledge i can tell you. If there is anything else I can help with feel free to ask. I'll respond to you the best i can =] I may not have been around as long as others or contributed as much, but I do know my fair share about this phone and have read through nearly everypost. =P Dont let the join date fool you. lol Been here ALOT longer then that. =] Hope this was some help to you.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

Quote Originally Posted by snowmandc
    ok, I DID A SEARCH, ok now that thats off my chest, quick question, i have the evdo beta test on my phone. now i dont know how it works. my phone still dials 777 to connect to the internet. is this normal? i get the 1x and ev sign on the top of my screen. do i have to change any settings to get evdo to work? Thanks
    Based upon you saying that you have the EVDO Beta ROM, I will guess you have Sprint. Short answer is EVDO on the Sprint 6600 is NOT possible.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!