Closed Thread

extended batterys

Hey guys, ive been doing some searching and there are a few companys that sell extended batterys

but what i havnt seen alot of info on is how long they last before recharges, mostly the 3550 extended batterys

my question is, what company/site do you order your batterys and accessories from?
    how large can you go before you have to order a new case?
    does your extended battery read its power levels accurately back to you?
    does an extended battery void warranty?
    what case are you currently using with your extended battery since you/if you had to order a new one.
    can the larger batterys fit into the cradle for syncing?

sorry for the questions but trying to search these questions specifically was just frustrating me.

Thanks for answering all my questions in advance

but what i havnt seen alot of info on is how long they last before recharges, mostly the 3550 extended batterys

Depends on your usage of the phone. Here's a completely unscientific guess based on a recent gaming session.

I swap between two stock OEM batteries which are roughly equivalent to one of these. Close enough for government work anyway.

One sleepless evening I pulled the phone off the charger at 100%. Radio was on, bluetooth off, display at 2 settings above the lowest, CPU running at standard clock speed.

After playing for four hours straight the 20% low battery warning popped. Assuming it'd let me play until the device keeled over I probably could have squeezed another hour of gametime out of it but I quit at that point. At 10% you can't do anything useful anyway, it won't let you.

So let's say a stock battery runs 5 hours non-stop. So you're probably looking at 10-12 hours of non-stop usage before a re-charge for the 3550mah battery. If you're a gaming addict anyway.

now where would be a good place to order the 3550 from or the 2400, or one of the better after market companies.

aswell what cases do the 3550 fit into

thanks

now where would be a good place to order the 3550 from or the 2400, or one of the better after market companies.

Right here:
    http://www.lionbattery.com/descripti...?noproduit=276

is anyone here using the 3550?
    do they find its to bulky for their daily use?

anyone suggest a good case to use with the bulky battery?

If you search you will find lots of comments on the 3550. I posted a lot on them myself as I use the OEM and the 3550. I switch between the 2 all the time. The 3550 is a beast of a battery and under my heavy use, I can more than go all day long without even needing to be concerned w/ my powerlevel. With the OEM I run dry after around 4pm most days and have to manage power usage until I either get home/my car/ or just change batteries.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Quote Originally Posted by amirmckelvey
    If you search you will find lots of comments on the 3550. I posted a lot on them myself as I use the OEM and the 3550. I switch between the 2 all the time. The 3550 is a beast of a battery and under my heavy use, I can more than go all day long without even needing to be concerned w/ my powerlevel. With the OEM I run dry after around 4pm most days and have to manage power usage until I either get home/my car/ or just change batteries.

just what i wanted to hear
    can i ask what case you use with it?

Administrator