+ Reply to Thread
    AGB

Proxy Settings - HELP!

As I mentioned in a prior post, I am having trouble with the proxy settings tab on my xv6600. Essentially, clicking on the Connections Icon under settings, you get a list of options for both Verizon Wireless and My Home Network. Under My Home Network, you can select "Set up my proxy server." This setting allows you to select a check box saying "this network connects to the internet." When I select this box and hit OK, it won't keep this selection.

This seems like a new issue with the latest ROM image from Audiovox but is troubling as it causes me to lose my sync connection when the phone is in the cradle as the phone wants to sync email, but since it can't access the internet via the USB cradle it goes to the wireless which quits the USB connection to dial out.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to fix it? It seems like there should be some registry edit that can be done to save this selection as its obviously a glitch in the image.

Thanks for your assistance.

I had a similar problem after updating to 2.03 except that the problem i have is that under settings>network cards the network card connects to Work/Internet is stuck on work and when i set it to internet it wont set. I dont know if it would help you any but i uninstalled activesync restarted my pc and reinstalled it. Im still unable to to set my settings to connect to internet. It still sticks on work except now i am able to connect online through passthrough on my usb. Unsure why, my harrier is set to work and activesync on my pc set to internet but it still connects. wierd i know but i aint complaining as long as it works. I'd suggest checking your settings>connections>network card and check to see if your set to work or internet. Then check on your pc activesync settings under the options to see if your passthrough is set to the same. If still unable to get it to work, try uninstalling and reinstalling activesync. It worked for me. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Jago; 03-31-2006 at 11:54 PM.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151