+ Reply to Thread

Question about mp3s....

I have searched the forum, and i have had no success in finding out if you are able to d/l and listen to mp3s on the xv6600. Anyone know how this is done, i have tons of mp3s i wanna d/l to the phone.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, i don't think the default wmp on the harrier played mp3s. its been awhile since i upgraded. There are some players you can download that will enable you to listen to your mp3s. [TCPMP being my fav] you can also upgrade to get wmp10[also allows mp3 ringtones] As to actualy downloading mp3s....uhhh i myself dont know of any sites or p2p [or anything of that nature] for the phone. I usualy just transfer then from my pc to my phone. I would love to have a program similar to limewire for the harrier =] anyone else? =P
    Last edited by Jago; 03-30-2006 at 05:59 PM.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

I have a ton of Mp3s on my storage card and they are played pretty well by WM10 and transferred over by ActiveSync.

WM10 is a tad awkward... does not remember what library you are using etc.., but you cannot beat the price.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

i'm not exactly sure what your question is. are you asking if a stock 6600 can recognize mp3 files? the answer should be yes, the default wmp can read mp3 files. i've had a pocket pc(phone and non-phone versions) for years and the old wmp versions can play mp3 files, not just wmp10.

are you asking how to GET mp3's from your computer to the phone? it should be basic computer knowledge. connect with activesync, click the EXPLORE button and drag mp3 files onto your device. an SD card would be recommended.

yea i know how to do all that, i just wasnt sure, my blackberry 710i couldnt do it and i just got the 6600 so i had to make sure, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Chukwu67
    yea i know how to do all that, i just wasnt sure, my blackberry 710i couldnt do it and i just got the 6600 so i had to make sure, thanks guys
    oh ok, glad we could help. btw, no offense but wouldn't trying it out be much quicker than making a post and waiting for replies?