+ Reply to Thread

I hope I'm not boned....

Well, today I woke up and found I had forgotten to charge the phone last night. It had like 10% left. So I plug it into my car charger and start working on the truck. An hour later its even lower battery, down to 2%. The yellow/orange light was on the whole time. Finally it reached 0 but was still functioning while plugged in, meaning to me that the charger was ok.

I got home, unplugged it from the car charger, came in the house plugged it into the cradle and now its not even firing up. So I took the battery off and it is currently charging in the Aux battery slot.

I hope this thing isnt broke, as I dont want a damn 6700. I like my big screen and SD card.
    Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) - dcd 3.0.1 ..... 3.35.04 ..... OliPro 2.40 ..... 60610 PRL
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.07.00 WWE ..... HA00_166 (spare phone laying around)
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.04.00 WWE ..... HA00_140 ..... 1.36.113 WWE (used for GPS only)

Its sounds as if, yes, your car charger was workin. Unfortunatly it didnt carry enough current to charge the unit. Once the unit is plugged in to a charger it auto switches off off the settings it uses when on battery. Your backlight alone couldve made it so that your phone didnt charge. When on external power, does you screen turn off or stay on [draining power]? Couldve been a few dif. reasons why it stayed on but didnt accualy charge. Onto more serious matters though, your phone. Don't worry. Its just fine. =] The batteries just dead =P but...Unfortunatly it has hard reset. You have a brand new phone, pretty much. Hope you made a back up of atleast your contacts and important info. Retyping these thing SUCK. Trust me, i learned my lessons wayyy back XD Jus put the battery into your phone and then charge it on the cradle so that the battery and backup battery both charge. If your battery goes dead, youve got....i dunno, 20 minutes [correct me if you a better estimate] before your fully charged backup battery goes dead aswell. Causing the unit to hard reset again. Try to charge or change the battery b4 then. Alway try and keep a back-up of important things atleast. If your like me. Clumsy. You'll come to realize that when you drop your phone. Theres pretty much a 50/50 chance it will reset. Keeping a back-up on your sd card is heaven. Take care.
    Last edited by Jago; 04-01-2006 at 08:43 PM.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

I actually have the same problem. Except mine is compounded. The phone will only soft reset (so long as it is less than 72hrs after main battery failure). My phone and battery both wont accept charge. Windows thinks that the battery is staying at 0% whils it is on charge. It is now in the Aux battery slot and the light on the cradle is not on. This is a BIG problem for me as i need my phone for work, i am on after hours divert, and i am waiting to hear back from clients.

Not good. I think i will be taking it back to Telstra tomorrow and telling them that they need to rplace at least the battery.... It has happened before on a weekend. The trouble is - my battery didnt even get low before it started doing this...

**Edit** Now the thing is being even more stupid. When the battery is out of the phone and the phone is on the cradle, the charge light on the phone will come on, and the aux battery light is off. When the battery is IN the phone, nothing happens and the charge light stays off. This is getting rediculous.
    Last edited by Spud; 04-01-2006 at 08:56 PM.

well, i took the battery out of the aux slot and put it in the phone. it fired right up and hadnt lost any info. It is now back in the cradle, synced and charging properly. Tomorrow I'll see if the car charger charges it properly. Dunno, maybe it had a hiccup. Once it is fully charged tonight I'm gonna take it off the cradle and see if it dies by morning to check the battery itself.

And yeah, i use both Sprite and activesync for regular backups, keeping copies on my SD card, the computer and the permanent memory on the phone.
    Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) - dcd 3.0.1 ..... 3.35.04 ..... OliPro 2.40 ..... 60610 PRL
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.07.00 WWE ..... HA00_166 (spare phone laying around)
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.04.00 WWE ..... HA00_140 ..... 1.36.113 WWE (used for GPS only)

Scruff, congrats, hope all works well. Spud...uhhh... I dont even know what to tell you mahn. So far Ive been lucky and havn't run into anything like what your discribing. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood. "is this real wood?"* Just do like you planned and take it to Telstra. Hopfully a new battey will fix your problems. Id also bring your charger with you so that you can show them what your talking about. You might get a new charger outof it. It could be the cradle. Best of luck.
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

Not all Car chargers are the same

Be verry carful what care charger you use on your phone ... I sell phones and have found that if you get the cheap chargers than sevral things can happen, 1 is your battery will not charge at all, 2 is your battery will charge for a wile (this could be days or years), 3 you can fry your charging port on the phone, and if you do not get a charger backed by the manufacturer you will most likely void your warranty.