+ Reply to Thread

xv6600: No Volume in Call

Hey folks,

I've had the xv6600 for a couple months now, and I love it. But just the other day, something really odd happened - I stopped getting any volume whatsoever while in a call. No ringtone while dialing, no voice on the other end, nada (even when calling my voicemail). Strangely, I believe my bluetooth headset still works to make calls, but I only carry it with me when I know I'm going to need to make a few long calls because it is impractical otherwise.

So far, I have tried the following:
    ~ Playing with bluetooth settings (turning on/off, etc)
    ~ Playing with headset settings
    ~ Playing with volume settings
    ~ Playing with phone setting (ringer, etc)
    ~ Ensuring that volume while in-call is all the way up
    ~ Soft-Reset
    ~ HARD-Reset

Still, I've had no success. The fact that a hard-reset doesn't fix it baffles me and would suggest that it is a hardware problem. On the other hand, the phone still makes all the normal noises and whatnot, so the speaker is certainly not broken.

*edit* To test my attempts at fixing the problem, I have been calling my voicemail. I just noticed that after 30 or so seconds (when presumably the voicemail disconnects me) I get a triple "chime" sound (dum dum dum) and the call ends. Interestingly, I was occasionally getting this same sound before, presumably as some sort of disconnect sound - I assume it is a completely normal "you are being disconnected" notification sound, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

*edit2* I tried calling my buddy's phone and holding both phones up to both ears and talking and heard... absolutely nothing. Which means that my phone is neither sending nor recieving any sound whatsoever. Weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Mahtan; 04-04-2006 at 05:40 PM.