+ Reply to Thread

urgen please help my audiovox 6600 can not call

when i already input the phone number than at the pda show this words "the wireless radio is off. please turn it on" , i try to do evertyhing but nothing happen,did anybody know about this or ever had a problem like this
    www.iklanoke.com sell and buy advertising

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    I had the exact same problem last week. My phone's radio functionality went completely dead. It was the most stressful week of my life. After scouring the net I finally figured it out.

You need to install the Radio ROM which will turn the radio back on.

Download it from here:
    http://sprintpcsinfo.com/articles/904/HA01_140.zip

Extract the ZIP and while your PPC is connected to your computer run the "MaUpgradeUt_noID" executable.

It'll reinstall the radio ROM. It should only take a few minutes as you're not touching the system ROM. You'll restart and you should be back in the game.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

ok thks for u inhumanity... i will try for it

Couldn't you have just touched the signal icon at the top of your screen and then clicked turn flight mode off? or was it something else?
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

no it not problem flight mode on...

Well if its not that your flight mode is turned on, unfortunatly I dont know have an idea. Hopefully inhumanitys suggestion with the upgrade helps. Good Luck. *crosses fingers*
    Verizon- XV6600
    ROM v. 2.03.00 WWE
    Radio v. HA01_151

Try going to start, settings, Phone. It should give you a pop up saying " The phone is currently off. Do you want to turn it on? click yes.

I have had this problem happen if I turned flight mode on when I also had bluetooth on. Flight mode would turn both the phone and bluetooth off, but when you turn flight mode off, only the bluetooth would turn back on.

davepmer this is not about the flight mode, but the radio off and can not make call, even try to get in to nam programing it's show " dm mode failed "

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    It's not flight mode guys. He's radio connection is dead. If he runs the radio ROM I gave him a link to he should be golden.

Yesterday I upgraded m BT to version 3900 and it went smoothly as well. I really can't tell a difference in performance, but it is the latest, so I dunno.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

still the same, it;s even can not upgrade anymore.... everytime want to upgrade always failed

Fully Converged
    Juvesun,

what is the specific failure error that is shown on your screen when you try the radio update
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

hmm i alrady upgrade but still like that, i try to flight off mode ,but it look not affect anything... it still show the phone was off please turn the radio on

Fully Converged
    no, what is the error message it gets you when you try to flash the phone with the radio upgrade
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone