+ Reply to Thread

Question Xv6600 To Ppc6600???

Hello all,

I really want a PPC-6600. I can't seem to find 1 - other than EBAY and I have heard about how Sprint will not turn on PPC's with inactive ESNs and nobody gaurentees ESN on EBAY.

Anyway, I found a couple of websites that sell (brand new) the XV6600, but I want the Sprint plan. I recall (vaguely) an article describing how to flash the PPC to XV. Is there a way to go the opposite?

I also recall that article saying something to the effect that you lose "data" capability by doing this flash. If, eventually, I am successful should I expect the same results?

I called Sprint and their tech support said "ALL CDMA PHONES WILL WORK ON THE SPRINT NETWORK WITH NO INTERACTION". I didn't buy that. I've been around the block a few times to know better. Another sprint techie told me that the phones are the same but the ESN's are grouped by carrier and therefore a VZW phone with a VZW ESN will not be recognized by Sprint because it is a VZW ESN. Is this true?

So...

1. Can I buy an XV and "flash" to PPC?
    2. Will I lose ANYTHING by doing so?
    3. (long shot) Were the tech support dudes correct?

and last...

4. (even longer shot) Does anyone know a reputable company where I can buy a PPC6600 with no worries?

Thanks In Advance!!!!

You can buy an xv6600 and flash it to ppc6600, even to an imate harrier (I have done it), but, that would not change the ESN. Sprint had a policy of not activating any phone they did not sell. Sprint also had a data base of all the ESN,s that they had sold. So, yes you could make an xv6600 look and act like a sprint, but sprint would still not activate it.

As for losing anything, Yes you would probably lose EVDO. The XV6600 has EVDO, the PPC6600 does not (well there is a beta leak out there).