+ Reply to Thread

need replacement screen for 6600

I just broke the screen on my Audiovox 6600. I was riding my motorcycle home from dinner and it was in my front pocket. Either the heat or presure or perhaps both ended up cracking the screen.
    Where would I find a replacment screen?
    Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem recently, my PPC 6600 fell face first on concrete, I looked around for replacement LCD and found this place:

http://www.pdasmart.com/pdaphonexda2s.htm

Than i looked at ebay and found a nice unit with a bad ESN, bought that and when it arrived i took it to a phone repair place and they switched the top layer of both phones and my PPC 6600 is now good as new.

Hope that helps.

Ya I have been looking on eBay. I found some damaged 6600s for sale but the seller has no clue if the touchscreens are intact or not and can't be bothered to check. Morons everywhere.
    I may try that pda smart. They seem to be reasonably priced.

Is a Qtek 9090 the same thing as the Audiovox 6600?

ahe
    In my mind, there are 2 type of the LCD OF 6600, so called golden version and so called silver version, the golden priced about 120USD$, the silver priced about 70 USD$

It's not the LCD I need. It's just the touch screen that is broken. The LCD is intact.
    I ended up finding a place that sells touch screens alone, but with the LCD.
    $34 Canadian including shipping, so not too bad.

Broken LCD??

I also broke ( ) the screen on my XV6600. It was working fine, then had it in my front pocket ... took it out to use, and the screen was F'd up!?! Surprisingly, the phone still works (for incoming calls at least).

Basically, it powers on, but all I get is a white "splotch" (looks like the pattern on a windshield that has been hit by a rock), and then in between each of the white lines protruding out from the "impact" point, there are just a series of colored lines (vertical in some cases, horizontal in others). The touchscreen itself seems to be intact (no obvious cracks or breaks). If I hit any of the buttons, the lines move around and/or change color, but nothing is recognizable. Verizon is (supposedly) sending out a replacement for $50, which seems like a good deal. I'm curious though if this sounds like the same failure mode that others have had, or if this is something else.

Well it is the LCD and touchscreen I need now. lol
    I screwed the phone up worse and figured out how it originally broke.
    My garage door broke and the thing weighs like 300 pounds. I keep my 6600 in the front right thigh pocket of my riding pants. When I went to take my motorcycle out of the garage I have to lift the door. I lifted a few feet and then let it rest on my leg while I get a beter grip to push it all the way up.
    Yup the same leg that has my 6600 in the pocket.
    Mystery solved....dumbass to blame once again.

hi, does anyone know where i can get (aside from ebay) a PPC6600 touchscreen or whole phone for parts with the touchscreen in tact? thanks!

Question Cracked touchscreen.

Hey all,

I have a 6600 and I would love to get it working again. The lcd is not damaged at all I can charge and power it on. My issue is my touch screen got a crack in it one day while camping in my pocket and the crack spread and now it is no longer touch responsive. It was while it had the crack just kind of touchy. Is there any way I can repair this, any idea how I can get the "touchy" part of the screen replaced. Could I do it with mild modding experience? Thanks for any advice. I would even be willing to pay to get this fixed if necessary as long as it was reasonable (without having to buy a used 6600) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kreep View Post
    It's not the LCD I need. It's just the touch screen that is broken. The LCD is intact.
    I ended up finding a place that sells touch screens alone, but with the LCD.
    $34 Canadian including shipping, so not too bad.

Could you share where the place is?

Thanks

I would like to know as well, I have the same problem it's just the glass on the LCD that is cracked so I do not need the whole thing...
    Last edited by polorico; 02-15-2008 at 06:56 PM.