+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

Can't select Inbox in ActiveSync to sync mail from Outlook

I have restored data to my 6600 many times (from Sprite backup) and have not run into this. In the details box in ActiveSync, the icon for Inbox to sync my mail is not there. When I go to Tools, Options, the rest of the sync folders icons (calender, contacts, etc) have the check boxes. There is none next to Inbox, if I click on the Inbox icon, the Setting button grays out.

How do I get the checkbox to show?

thanks in advance!
    The Kyocera 7135 was great. The XV6600 was even better. So far the 8525 is pretty damn cool...
    But I wish for the features of an 8525 with a 3.5" screen, that would be awesome.

Converged
    I figured it out... You can't restore the check-box with the 6600 sync'ed up. Who knows why, but I happen to look at it without the 6600 in the cradle and I was able the see and check the box. You gotta love MS.
    The Kyocera 7135 was great. The XV6600 was even better. So far the 8525 is pretty damn cool...
    But I wish for the features of an 8525 with a 3.5" screen, that would be awesome.

Converged
    Well, I thought I had it fixed. The box keeps un-checking itself. I set it like I would expect to, then put my 6600 in the cradle, no mail transfers, the icon dispears from ActiveSync.

Anybody have any ideas?

That happens to me all the time with the favorites checkbox. Haven't figured it out yet. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling activesync? Not sure though.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Catman51
    That happens to me all the time with the favorites checkbox. Haven't figured it out yet. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling activesync? Not sure though.
    I had this problem once. Are you only missing the Inbox icon? I was missing a few, and it had to do with a bad installation of Office. Try uninstalling Activesync and Office and reinstalling.