+ Reply to Thread
    Converged

Need camera software

Asurion replaced my 6600woc with a 6600 with a camera. However I don't have the camera utility in my program folder. I searched around with google and can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get the software?

thanks in advance
    The Kyocera 7135 was great. The XV6600 was even better. So far the 8525 is pretty damn cool...
    But I wish for the features of an 8525 with a 3.5" screen, that would be awesome.

Do a hard reset. Same thing happened to me after initial boot installed all the software but then I let the backup battery go dead after taking the main battery out.

Did you restore from the old PDA using the backup utility that comes with the 6600? If so, that's why. You cannot do that. It overwrites the camera programs.

If you have Sprite, you can back up and restore the data as you have it, but otherwise, you have to start over.

Been there, done that, dealth with the problem also.

Converged
    I am still trying to get the camera software. I did a hard reset and loaded the new ROM version last night. I then did a Sprite restore to re-load my third party software and data. Still no camera program.

Any ideas? thanks...
    The Kyocera 7135 was great. The XV6600 was even better. So far the 8525 is pretty damn cool...
    But I wish for the features of an 8525 with a 3.5" screen, that would be awesome.

After the Hard Reset, BEFORE you did the Sprite Restore was the camera Software visible?

Sprint also replaces the registery if I am not mistaken, is of you did a backup with out the camera, Sprite will re-configure your PPC droping the camera software.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041