+ Reply to Thread

"The page you are looking for cannot be found"

I surf the internet quite a bit with my 6601 and on almost every site I go to (including this one), the page only partially loads and I get the "The page you are looking for cannot be found" message. Are any of you guys getting this message whe you surf? Any solutions?

Yes often. It's called a timeout, nothing new.
    http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
    AT&T HTC-PI86100 (HTC Titan II):
    OS: Windows Phone 7.5 Build: (Mango RTM 7.10.8112.7) - Radio: 1.02.80.13_21.37.80.03 - Bootloader: 1.18.2180.0 (139346)
    Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Back in the days when I was still using PIE, I discovered that it was frequently necessary to delete the PIE cache and cookies to minimize the frequency of this particular error. I suspect it has something to do with spyware that goes away when the cookies and cache are deleted, but am not a techie so can only guess.
    Now I use Opera, and rarely see it.
    Mick

What'a timeout and how do I get rid of it?

I didn't realize that there was a version of Opera that works on our 6600's. Thanks for the info. So far, unfortunately, I can't get it to work. It says to download those 2 files and transfer the files to the 6600, but when I click on them in the 6600, nothing happens. Any advice for me on how to install the browser on the 6600?
    Last edited by ualdriver; 12-02-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Opera gives "out of memory" message on my xv6600

.. any help would be greatly appreciated. I was just checking out this thread and read MickCole's response stating he is actively using opera on his pda. I have the xv6600 and have installed Opera several times, trial version, and it only worked for about two times the very first time and ever since, spanning 2 week period, after numerous uninstalls and re-installs, everytime I'd tap on the icon after installing it would give me "out of memory" error.

I'm very conscious of my pda's memory and keep almost every sw on my 1 gig card and just the bare min. on the main memory. I have 78 megs total free on main memory and adjusted that into 54 mebs free for "Program" and 24 for "Storage". If I slide the memory optimization bar any more towards the left (to give storage even less), it bounces back to the middle.

I need a better than the lame PIE browser as I need it for daily work. Netfront 3.3 worked excellent but only in its trial version. Once I purchased it, the full version is much bigger and gave me the same "memory out" message hence I had to uninstall it.

SOMEONE please help me get either the Opera or Netfront to work on my xv6600.

Thanks. and sorry for the long post. (you can see I'm desperate)

AJ

This might help

AJ-

Well, I've done a little playing with the Opera browser and I like it ALOT for my PPC 6601, which I think is the same phone as you. Try installing Opera this way and it may work for you:

Go to this link: http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/

Scroll down to Opera for Windows Mobile, Smartphone 2003

Click on all smarphone 2003 phones........

or just go to this link if it works: http://www.opera.com/download/mobile...003.gif&extra=

Download the file to your PC and then install it like you do any other program for your phone. It should work. This Opera browser is FANTASTIC compared to internet explorer version whatever they have on our phone. It has tabbed pages and the internet pages actually fully load just like they're supposed to. It has a 30 day trial but then you have to pay 30 bucks. If you're a frequent surfer like me, it's well worth the payment. I wish I had known about this browser 2 years ago when I purchased the phone.

I have 4 programs that are memory-hogs: Opera, Netfront, Pocket Player, and Flexmail. Running any of them requires frequent refreshes of the memory, either with SK Tools FreeUpRAM, or (if I forget to run FreeUpRAM) soft re-set.
    I installed as described by ualdriver with no problems.
    Mick

Thanx for advice ualdriver and MickCole.. I'm gonna try it once more and run mem-maid... I need the 6600 fraternity to pray for me .. will keep ya guys posted if its a success.

AJ