Closed Thread

Thread: HELP!!!! Please

HELP!!!! Please

I just bought a XV6600 off ebay. Got everything but the manual. I took it to Verizon and they swapped the phone book and activated it. About an hour later the thing reset. It asked me to touch the screen for the allignment. Afterwards it was all gone. Then about an hour later it did it again. It also keeps turning itself off and then right back on. Is this because of no SD card being in it. Also do I need to update it maybe. This is my first PDA/Phone. Is it bad. It seems to work fine and then it does this. Any help would be great. Could it also be that the battery is bad.

Thanks

Scott
    Last edited by Scottwiland; 12-09-2006 at 10:07 PM.

What did you do between hard resets? Did you install anything?

Just from the description you've listed, I'd guess hardware problem. Either a bad battery or a loose fitting battery will cause a hard reset. I'd check and make sure the battery is secure and isn't shifting a bit when attached. If the battery is bad, can always get another cheap one off e-bay.

As for it turning itself off, that's likely the timeout value kicking in due to inactivity (ie no button presses or screen taps). There's two values you can set, one for dimming the backlight and one for going back to sleep mode.

Administrator
    if your losing memory then it may be a faulty internal battery. sounds like the phone is faulty all together. get a refund from the seller or open up a dispute thru fleabay/paypal...

I just did the upgrade off myehud.com The batt does feel a little loose. Does it always start back at the beginning with the screen allign screen after an upgrade. Will the sd card store my phone book. Yes this is my first PDA phone so I am a little lost. Any help is great

Well an hour after the upgrade and all is well. I called my land line and left it running for about 20 min shaking it and tossing it around from hand to hand and no probs. I got online and it was running great. All I need a small screw for the top area and it should be great.

Is leaving it in the cradle at all times ok?

Scott

as for the screw it's a known problem, there are some threads on this on here, i acctually started one. what i did was go to target and get an eye glass repair kit, came with a bunch of screws and a screw driver, it worked good. also don't forget about the screws behind the battery when they get lose it noticed my phone would reset alot more. check those and make sure they are tight. after i got all the screws tight i this thing is one of the most durable phones i have ever owned.

Thanks. Since the ungrade download this thing is rolling along.