+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

Thinking about ditching 700wx for 6600

I went from 6700 to 700wx and would love the 6600's big screen. It looks like the 6600 has:
    1) WM2003
    2) No EV
    3) 50 to 60 megs internal storage?
    4) How much memory for running programs?
    5) A 400 mhz processor?
    6) No WiFi
    7) Slightly fuzzier screen with 240x320 on a bigger screen.
    Please please how big of a card will the SD driver read in the Sprint 6600?

Also can anyone tell me what to expect when going from WM5 on a Treo wx to a 6600 as far as general use?

If any one could share their insights that would be great.

P.S. I only use these things for looking up information on the internet and for reference material.

correct, sprint ppc 6600 has no ev. But, verizon xv600 has EVDO.

the 6600 has 128 megs of ram split between running programs and main program storage however there is also a small (~16meg storage section of nvram) and the mem card slot that can also stor programs.

No Wifi, but verizon units have EV

maybe slightly fussier, but much easier to use a stlyus or fat fingers on the touch screen

Not sure how big of an SD card the 6600 can take, I have 2 gigs with no problem.

Forever Confused
    I'm running the verizon also. But with a little tweaking, I was able to get almost 25m of storage. I can store more programs in storage with space left over for more. That leave over 80m of main mem for running programs. I dumped my 6700 and came back to the 6600. To me, the few things WM 5 add, don't make up for the ease of use of 2003se.

Thanks for your info. I guess then, the only thing I'm concerned about is:

1) Is the experience of browsing the WWW on wm2003 any different than on wm5?

2) Do you think its a valid concern that I could lose a lot of functionality downgrading from my wm5 applications to wm2003 applications?

Ive never used anything on WM except for 5.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 12-17-2006 at 05:36 AM.

I've never used wm5 but 99% of the programs out there have versions for both.
    Check the apps that you use the most (or all of them if there aren't too many) and see what's avaliable.

As for browsing... if you're talking about the internet the bigger screen (as well as the touch screen) are going to be a GREAT improvement over your Smartphone. Different from WM5? I dunno.
    Being able to just touch the screen and click links (as well as grab the scroll bar to... scroll) will be a HUGE improvement over the smartphone.

You may need a better browser (minimo isn't quite perfected yet... Opera is charging for their mobile browser, and it's HUGE... then there's netfront... I haven't used it in a while... PIE+ pulls of most of the tricks I need, it's tiny, and makes things a lot simpler. You'll have to play around a bit and choose what's gonna work best for you) but other than that browsing should be more convenient.
    @#$@ upgrades... now I gotta write a new poem :rolleyes:
    <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/8708895/">My I-700 makes YOUR phone look like poo.</a>

Well Im going to do it. Im tracking about 6 6600's on ebay. Thanks for the reassurance.

Well I have had the 6600 for a few days now and I must say I like it better than the PPC 6700 and the Treo 700wx....

Thanks for the info.