Closed Thread

I did a search and still don't know how to hard reset

I never needed to do it so I never paid attention when people talked about doing a hard reset. When I did a search people talked about it like everyone knows. I should know but unfortunately I don't. Can someone please inform me. Thanks for answering my simple question in advance. LOL!!!

press and hold the two side keys on front of phone (looks like "-" on left and right of joystick) and press the stylus into the little hole on the bottom left of phone, then open and press 'Y' to start the hard reset.

Atleast that is how on the 6700, so yours should be close i think..

wow, sounds like a bunch of bs to do th 6700....

The way to hard reset a 6600 is to hold down the power button, and insert stylus into the soft reset hole to press button.
    Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) - dcd 3.0.1 ..... 3.35.04 ..... OliPro 2.40 ..... 60610 PRL
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.07.00 WWE ..... HA00_166 (spare phone laying around)
    Sprint PPC-6600 - 2.04.00 WWE ..... HA00_140 ..... 1.36.113 WWE (used for GPS only)

You can also go into "programs" and run "clear memory" - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Thanks for your help. A hard reset didn't fix my problem, so I took it back to Sprint and now I'm a 6700 owner. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'll be going to those boards to find out now.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyle
    Thanks for your help. A hard reset didn't fix my problem, so I took it back to Sprint and now I'm a 6700 owner. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'll be going to those boards to find out now.
    Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

The hard reset fixed my first problem. I think that I had a corrupt sd card. I couldn't open any programs, or use any buttons that were mapped to programs. I also couldn't use bluetooth, my time would change on me, and my text that I received wouldn't show the right time. The second problem was that people couldn't understand me when I called. It was to low and warbly.