+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth headset won't work

I have a Motorola HD500 that I used with my previous XV6600 that was discombobulated by an oversized puppy. When I made the switch to another XV6600 I bought, everything seemed okay, but I can't get it to talk to the BT headset.

It seems to see it, but they don't talk. I did upgrade the phone's firmware.

Ideas?

The headset and the phone wont pair?

Do you maybe mean a Motorola H500 headset? If so try this, put the headset on the charger for like 2 minutes, than take it off the charger, press and hold the function button till the blue light stays on. Than try to pair with the phone.

I have had this problem before, with an H500 and a H350, both would get into a mode where the radio was not working, or and the button would press the sounds and light would change, but the headsets radio would not. One even enters a mode where it will act like it is turned off, but it is still connected to my 6600.

Quote Originally Posted by davepmer
    The headset and the phone wont pair?
    That would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by davepmer
    Do you maybe mean a Motorola H500 headset? If so try this, put the headset on the charger for like 2 minutes, than take it off the charger, press and hold the function button till the blue light stays on. Than try to pair with the phone.

I have had this problem before, with an H500 and a H350, both would get into a mode where the radio was not working, or and the button would press the sounds and light would change, but the headsets radio would not. One even enters a mode where it will act like it is turned off, but it is still connected to my 6600.
    Just my luck to have a schizoid headset.

I'll try that and follow up afterwards.