+ Reply to Thread

Please help with Outlook Account

I tried to find the answer in the FAQ and Newbie section. Sorry if this is answered somewhere else.

I currently have my Outlook emails duplicated. I receive them when I sync through the cradle and I have a seperate POP3 account setup which downloads the email wirelessly.

I only have one email account but don't know how to setup Outlook to download when it's not in the cradle (wirelessly). I'm sure this is a simple thing to do, but I'm clueless.

I tried going into ActiveSync > Server and trying to set it up there. But I'm not sure if that is where I need to be or what I need to do.

My ISP is Road Runner.

This is what I've tried in ActiveSync > Server

sync with this server: pop-servercfl.rr.com
    > options
    >>domain: cfl.rr.com

sync these items: Inbox

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Converged... I think Evil Genius's Avatar
    You just need to turn one of them off.

Sprint does not use Active Synch to send mail "wirelessly". You will need to make sure that you have configured your PCS Business Connection account. Once completed, your computer must remain up and running to receive and then forward email to your device.

Converged... I think Evil Genius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymarket
    Sprint does not use Active Synch to send mail "wirelessly". You will need to make sure that you have configured your PCS Business Connection account. Once completed, your computer must remain up and running to receive and then forward email to your device.
    There was nothing mentioned about BC. In fact they did say "I have a seperate POP3 account setup which downloads the email wirelessly." Since it is POP3, it is probably just using pocket outlook. A BC user would have said something about thier desktop...

Sugggesting using BC is just not a good idea for the average user. Too much to keep track of, security issues, desktop issues, another password, another point of failure (mainly for sprint!).

Again, one of them needs to be turned off. I would suggest turning off syncing with outlook when the device is in the cradle. This can be done in the options in Activesync.