+ Reply to Thread

NEW ! Bluetooth Receiver for your A2DP enabled 6600

I have a verizon vx6600 with EVDO....I do alot of streaming audio, because I can

My car deck (and many today) has a Line In jack right in the front.

I purchased the wire adapter from PPCTechs as while back and it suited me fine. But I got annoyed on my saturday afternoon honey-do-runs, constantly plugging and unplugging from my phone.

Enter Solution A bluetooth receiver.

I simply installed the A2Dp high quality bluetooth audio onto my SUPER 6600. I haven't gotten to test in my car...but it paired up and I was able to pipe audio to my laptop...sounded pretty good....

That's look great! Thanks for the link.

Sudermatt, what happens when you get a call while you're listening to music? Music pauses, the phone rings, the call gets routed to BT instead of the built-in speaker, and the built-in microphone is used?

If not, does anybody know of other products like this that do the above?

Ideally, I would actually like a bluetooth tape-deck adapter (like the one abe announced but never made), instead of a BT receiver with a minijack. My car stereo has no audio in, but has a tape deck. Why isn't there a BT tape-deck adapter on the market?? Can't someone take an off-the shelf BT reciever, connect it to an off-the-shelf tape-deck adaptor, and repackage everything inside a cassette casing?
    Last edited by rbelikov; 02-23-2007 at 06:53 PM.
    XV6600 ROM 2.07.00WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.111WWE hardware version 0041

Bluetooth cassette adaptor! GREAT IDEA!

http://www.engadget.com/2005/02/23/t...reo-cassette/2

unfortunately...if you go to the abe website, the 80c doesn't exist...

So, what happens when you get a call while you're listening to music? Does the built-in mike work? Does the call get routed to the car speakers?

This product:

http://www.fida.com/products/pbr301.htm

is advertized as doing exactly what I want. In other words, recieve stereo audio from my XV6600 (which then goes to my car speakers through a cassette adapter), AND supports phone calls.

Can the zoom adapter do this? It doesn't seem to have a mike, so the XV6600 built-in mike must be used for phone calls. Is it possible to have the built-in mike take the voice in on the call while the voice out gets routed through BT to the zoom adapter?

If not, does anybody know if pbr301 is on the market yet (or ever will be), or if there is another receiver that supports both streaming audio and phone calls?

thanks

First of all...

OMG!! I've been looking for an A2DP Bluetooth Receiver for probably close to a year now to simply allow a portal to my car's internal audio system from my XV6600 without wires. I of course have been using the PPCTech's solution, but it is a headache at times.

Secondly, for all those of you who haven't used an A2DP style product, you do not know how Bluetooth music and Bluetooth phone conversations work. Enter the Jabra BT620s (a device which competes directly to a product from Motorola, but I don't know the Motorola model). It is a stereo Bluetooth headset which wraps around the ears behind the neck. It also includes a builtin mic for phone conversations.

After modifying your Bluetooth stack to support "High-Quality Audio Profile" using Ehud's hack, you can then pair your XV6600 (or PPC-660x) to the Jabra BT620s. But wait, you actually pair it TWICE. Once for music, second for phone calls.

It's operation is simple and is not unique to the headset. It is driven by the XV6600's Bluetooth software itself. When you get an incoming phone call while listening to music, the music will pause or stop and the hands-free profile takes control. Sometimes this even breaks connection to the A2DP music profile. Either way, phone calls take priority.

Fact: A2DP High-Quality Audio does NOT support phone conversations.

If you receive an incoming phone call, your XV6600 will either use the builtin speaker/mic, or the first available hands-free Bluetooth profile that is paired and in-range.

----------

How will you use the Bluetooth Receiver then? In conjunction with your existing Bluetooth hands-free headset, or simply pick up your XV6600 when it rings.

I'm ordering one of these guys ASAP. Thanks for the link! You made my day.
    Verizon XV6600

So, does that mean that if I want my bluetooth receiver to support phone conversations, it has to have a built-in mike (and support the right profile, of course)? Or, is it possible to use the XV6600 built-in mike while the audio (both music and phone calls) is routed to the car speakers?

You are correct on both questions.

I forgot the name of the profile which supports hands-free phone conversations, but it is not A2DP which is the stereo audio profile which is one-way only. Yes, if you want to hold a conversation using your Bluetooth Receiver it has to support the hands-free profile.

If you use the Zoom model, which does not support phone conversations, and if you do not own or use another Bluetooth headset, the phone call will get automatically routed to the builtin mic/speaker on your XV6600.

I hope I answered your questions clearly.
    Verizon XV6600

I had stopped using this because there seemed to be a 2 second pause about every 20 seconds. I thought I would try it again with the latest rom update. I was very excited at first....i played the files off my storage card very nicely. when a call came in, it paused....then resumed as soon as I hung u....but....sadly i tried to stream my orb music....and there it was again...

i guess you can't stream and push to the bluetooth at the same time

if you're playing files on the device or sd carsd...you're gold

there's the update..

Quote Originally Posted by sudermatt
    i guess you can't stream and push to the bluetooth at the same time
    I stream my Orb music, music videos, and live TV all the time. Sometimes, my Jabra BT620s skips very much. I've found out through a lot of investigation and trial/error that it is because of interference with other 2.4GHz band devices. Cordless mice, computer WiFi, home automation, and especially other Bluetooth devices gives trouble. The A2DP profile is high-bandwidth and requires the best connection. Unfortunately, they haven't made QoS for Bluetooth yet, lol.

I would recommend trying other situations, and be sure you are using the 2.07 ROM for your XV6600. The major improvement is to the 3900 Bluetooth stack. Huge bug-fixer. Although you would have to be running the 2.07 update, or you could not stream Orb as Verizon pushed their latest network change which required compliance with version 2.07.

Anyway, good luck, PM me if you still need help.
    Verizon XV6600

I use the motorola DC800 with my Moto Q and I have tried it with my old Verizon 6600 and a Dell Axim x50v. Ech worked well and I dont use wires any more!! here is the product specs.

"Motorola Bluetooth Home Stereo Adapter DC800"

The compact Home Stereo Adapter DC800 lets you stream content from your home entertainment system and listen wirelessly from your headset - without missing a call. Simply connect the DC800 to your home audio system via standard audio jacks and then enjoy your favorite music - whether listening to songs from your Bluetooth®-compatible mobile phone's built-in MP3 player on your home speakers or listening privately to favorite tunes from your stereo using the Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones HT820.

Mwave.com: Home Page was selling some Logitech BT receivers for $39 clearance price - hooked to my stereo I can stream hi quality music to my receiver from my XV6600, LG 8600 and my Naviplay for ipod. Just have to adapt it to work in the car now...
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16