+ Reply to Thread

Do I need to upgrade?

I have been waiting for the new Verizon WinMobile phones to come out... and I really don't feel like wasting a few hours to upgrade and reload on my old 6600. I am currently at 2.07.111, HA01_151 which I installed earlier in 06... Does anyone know if I absolutely need this 2.07.112, HA01_167 upgrade in the next couple months? What will I lose if I don't do it?

I think our devices would lose the ability to connect to the wireless internet if they're not upgraded, once Verizon's system changes go live.

I got this text message from VZW yesterday:
    VZW FREE MSG: 2 keep using data services, UR device requires an immediate upgrade. If you haven't already, visit verizonwireless.com/bbadeviceupdate. (A12)
    I'd go with the upgrade if my recently-receivedreplacement phone hadn't come with the upgrade pre-installed.

Before you do anything, make sure to read through the threads on this forum that discuss the upgrade process, and offer solutions that don't appear in Verizon's instructions. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the info... I was really hoping for some details like whether ALL previous version need to be upgraded or whether the version I am at (that i installed a few months back) would keep me running for the next 2 months.

I do not feel like wasting 3-4 hours of time to reload all apps on a phone that i am getting rid of in a couple months when the new 6800 comes out. Shame on Verizon for not being more specific about what versions need to upgrade and what functionality I will loose if i don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon
    VZW FREE MSG: 2 keep using data services, UR device requires an immediate upgrade. If you haven't already, visit verizonwireless.com/bbadeviceupdate. (A12)

Was it really spelled that way? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Was it really spelled that way? Just curious.
    Yes. I was posting from the phone, so I took a shortcut and did a copy-and-paste.

I guess they were abbreviating to make sure they could fit everything they wanted to say in one text message.