+ Reply to Thread

No audio at all for phone calls

Here's an interesting issue.

When I make or receive phone calls, there's no audio whatsoever. Nothing from the earpiece, nothing from the microphone.

Yet, my audio for all OTHER things is fine.

I've already done a soft reset, a hard reset, and a reload from a pre-problem backup. No dice.

Any ideas?

Update: when I place a call while the phone is in the cradle, the audio is fine. Even if I remove the phone from the cradle during the call, everything continues to operate as it should.

But if I remove the phone fror the cradle and try to place the call again, I get silence.

...on XV6600 #5 as of 1/23/07 isired's Avatar
    i had a replacement phone (#2 of 5) with this problem, send it back. if it's the same problem i had, i don't think you can fix it. i went through 2+ hrs. w/ the techs.

Update:

I have no idea why, but the problems disappeared as suddenly as they began. I didn't do anything that I can point to and say, "This is what resolved the issue".

I've also noticed a few other quirks that appeared, then healed themselves, on this upgraded phone. Case in point: the little info bubble that appeared when I'd get a text message suddenly started showing little squares. (It had worked fine when I first got the phone, which arrived with the upgrade in place.) After several days of this, the problem went away. Again, I can't pinpoint any action I took as being the reason the problem is now resolved.

Software that fixes itself -- now there's a feature we can all use!

&*%$#!!!... The no-audio gremlin showed back up this morning. I hope it goes back away soon.