+ Reply to Thread
    Mike1918

Bluetooth Hands-Free and 6600 question.

My question is about a Plantronics Discovery 655 Bluetooth headset I got 2 days ago. I recently bought my wife the Moto Q and she insisted on a BT headset so I got her the Discovery 655. Figuring if it worked well I would get one for myself (we have never owned a BT headset). I naively thought that all audio would go to the headset and when it didn't I came here to learn that the even with the a2dp patch the 6600 wouldn't send audio to the Discovery 655 because this headset does not support this profile. I also saw that the Moto Q has this profile installed already. So that is what I learned after searching through the forums last night and today.
    Then something just happened that really threw me for a loop. I figured I would get one of the headsets that support a2dp. So I paired up the 655 with the MotoQ and had her call the Q with my phone to make sure everything worked and to my surprise her custom ringers played through the 655.
    I searched all the forums looking for why it worked for the Q and not the 6600. I don't have to have music I would just like to have my ringers and alerts play through the BT headset. So i guess this is my question: Is this possible? Again I dont care about playing music files at Stereo quality I would just like the ringers and notification sounds to be played.
    As a side note could someone maybe point me to a list of a2dp enabled headsets. If it is not possible to get the 6600 to work at all this is probably the route I will take. Thanks for anyones help. Mike

With the XV6600 it's not the headset that is the problem.

It's got very limited ability even with the a2dp patch (most of the time it will not work)

So even if you buy a new a2dp enable headset (Wireless) you risk wasting your money.

Does the 655 come with a vibrating holder like the 640?

Best regards

frenchnew
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

Mike1918
    Thanks for the reply frenchnew, to answer your question yes the 655 comes with a vibrating holder. As I have used it more over the past week I really like this headset. It fits nicely and is comfortable. I have yet to have any problems with connections.
    As for the 6600 I have given up the closest I found was a registry hack that actually gave me the "send all audio to headset" option in the settings for hands free. I could hear the phone trying so send audio to the headset but not the actual sounds. I guess a2dp is for stereo where I was more concerned with just the phone sounds. ie. ringers, alerts etc. Anyway thanks for the reply and I would recommend the 655 to anyone.