+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sync with Vista

Sync with Vista

I read that you no longer need to use ActiveSync with Vista. I have Vista Home Premium and am having trouble getting my PDA to Sync. I drop my XV6600 on the Cradle and it see's the device, but it only wants to sync with Media Player. Any help would be appreciated.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

OK - Spoke to Microsoft for 2.5 hours with NO LUCK...

However while I was trying to tell the individual on the phone Pocket PC's do sync wiht Vista, I noticed that there was an update waiting to be installed. The update was titled USB Mobile Device Sync Driver.

Tried to run the update and it failed 2 times.

I then went into device manager and selected update driver form the device manager. BAM! My PPC re-connected automatically and the Windows Mobile Device Center magically appreard. After making a few selections, I was up and running.

DO NOT LET MICROSOFT TELL YOU THIS ONLY WORKS WITH WINDOWS ULTIMATE! It works with any Vista Version.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

Thanks, you saved me 2.5 hours. I updated from the device manager. It did not work by downloading the Mobile Sync Center update through Windows Update.

Where Can i find Activesync for VISTA

Hello I can't seem to find activesync program for my 6601 that would install on Windows Vista. does anyone know where i can get the program
    Thanks

humm, i guess iam a newbie here but why are there replies from different years and dates. I know they relate to my question. but the thing is that I have tried installing some software WITHOUT activsync and it kept teling me that i need activesync to be able to install the software. and when i tried different types of the program ACTIVESYNC it wouldn't install on my VISTA.
    i guess the question is, is ACTIVESYNC even needed to install those programs, or are there any other sync programs.

Hello wesida, vista is different than xp because it has it's own sync center. It should install itself on one of the updates. Acticesync is no longer needed on vista. There are some programs you can install on the phone through cab files that are self extracting. However most programs that you come accross will require you to install them just as you used to with Activesync, but Sync Center will take care of it. Good luck!

Thanks so much for this post. I have spent a lot more than 2,5 hours trying to fint out of the same problem.