+ Reply to Thread
    Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar

Downgraded from EVDO Beta back to SPCS 13600: GPS no longer works

So my phone took a **** and did a hard reset on me for the first time in almost a year. Don’t know why – just happened. No biggie.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I took the opportunity to go back to the latest official firmware available (HA_SPCS_13600_112_00140_6601) since I always had trouble connecting to Vision.<o:p></o:p>
    Everything went smoothly, so I am running the latest firmware again.<o:p></o:p>
    However, I can no longer use any GPS related software.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Usually I would use GPS Speed Sentry and TomTom with COM1, but neither applications "see" the GPS antenna.<o:p></o:p>
    Using GPS Speed Sentry I tried every port from COM0 to COM16 without any luck.<o:p></o:p>
    Just wondering if anybody has any ideas or suggestions.<o:p></o:p>
    Do I need to perform any OS tweaks since I went back to the "older" real firmware?
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks! <o:p></o:p>
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.

Mobile Technology Unit INHUMANITY's Avatar
    Just thought I'd give you guys an update. A user over xda-developers suggested I uncheck the receive all IrDA connections as it eats up the serial ports.

Sure enough I unchecked it, fired up TomTom and Speed Sentry and they both worked perfectly.

So it appears that IrDA clogs up the virtual COM1 port.
    PPC-6600: 1.36.00 WWE (ExtROM 1.36.124), HA01_140, HQBT Update. Gomadic Powered Dash Mount w/ GPS Antenna. 4GB SD. XCPUScalar OC'ed 530MHz. TomTom GPS.