+ Reply to Thread

New Windows Live mobile is buggy...go back to Beta!

I downloaded the latest windows live search for ppc2003se and I'm finding a major bug that makes finding anything impossible. Anyone else seeing this?

When do a search for something, Say "hilton" in location "San Diego", it brings up the list, I can scroll and even open and view the details of my chosen hotel. But try to map the thing...you can't....the menu is inactivated. In fact, the whole app is rendered unusable.

Also in the search....if you go to choose location...notice you really can't...

GO BACK TO BETA....RUN!

PDA User since 1997
    I agree... bug ridden... going back to beta!

Wow...they actually responded.

I sent an email to the email address on the website. they actually responded.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the email…sorry to hear that you’re having trouble! It seems like we’ve got a couple of bugs in our WM2003 support—unfortunately we test primarily on WM5 internally (since that’s what we all use), and these slipped by us. We’ll do our best to get these fixed quickly and get an update out, though…

Thanks!
    -Steve

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 1:51 PM
    To: Live Search for mobile feedback
    Subject: Buggy...the beta was beter

I’m using version 1.0.2592.31374 on a pocket Pc 2003 se

If you try to do a search…the menu becomes inactive, rendering the application basically useless for finding anything….

It’s great for looking at traffic and maps…but you can’t find anything specific. It is literally impossible.

Update....new release coming! No date yet

Here is an update to the email thread I have with the boys over at microsoft starting with my last sent item to them:

---------------------
    Hey, I really appreciate the contact. I was never a BigM basher, I always thought you were good for the computer industry on a macro view. It’s nice to see you can also be customer level Micro good as well. I’ll pass my experience along to the various forums online.

Good Work!
    Matt

PS: while you’re working on the next release…please please please don’t forget about the live map collections integration I emailed Steve Garrity. It would be HUGE for me.

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:01 AM
    To: Matt Suderman
    Subject: RE: Buggy...the beta was beter

No exact ETA but we’re working on the problems now and should fit them into our next release.

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 9:37 AM
    To: Steve Cosman

Thank you for the offer. I still have the beta cab. Any ETA on the update?

Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 1:49 PM
    To: Matt Suderman

Hi Matt,

I’m not sure if Steve Garrity already offered but I can send you the cab file to install the beta and I’ll let you know when we fix the WM 2003 issues in the newest version – that way you can keep using all the features. Let me know if you want it.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Steve Cosman

Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 10:41 PM
    To: Matt Suderman; Live Search for mobile feedback

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the email…sorry to hear that you’re having trouble! It seems like we’ve got a couple of bugs in our WM2003 support—unfortunately we test primarily on WM5 internally (since that’s what we all use), and these slipped by us. We’ll do our best to get these fixed quickly and get an update out, though…

Thanks!
    -Steve

Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 1:51 PM
    To: Live Search for mobile feedback
    Subject: Buggy...the beta was beter

I’m using version 1.0.2592.31374 on a pocket Pc 2003 se

If you try to do a search…the menu becomes inactive, rendering the application basically useless for finding anything….

It’s great for looking at traffic and maps…but you can’t find anything specific. It is literally impossible.

Good News!

I just got an email from my contact at Microsoft. He said the update to Windows Live for the PPC2003 is coming Soon.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Ah, I hadn't used the beta for WM but I did use the full-PC version, and I was disappointed with what the WM version offers. Now that I know it's *supposed* to do more, I'm looking forward to the update. Thanks for your diligence in contacting MS...
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

I hope it comes soon. I use it with my Bluetooth GPS receiver to give me driving directions. (Take that Verizon and their army of handheld direction-finders they love to promote!) However, even starting it up takes 2-3 times. First time, I don't even get a splash screen, just a title bar and then it quits. I even check the Memory page in the Settings just to make sure it isn't hidden. Second time gets a splash screen but then closes again. Third or fourth time may stick open, but even then it's really buggy. Sometimes it may lockup, or worse lockup the device, which means you have to soft-reset while driving, hope your Bluetooth GPS doesn't go into power-saving mode and lose its GPS signal, then start back up Windows Live Mobile again, and hope it will work. ALL WHILE DRIVING hopefully not missing your exit.

I really hope they get it all fixed soon, or I hope the XV6800 will come out soon so I can finally run WM5 (and WM6 therafter).
    Verizon XV6600

Talking

Hi I have just istalled the LiveSearch for WM5 tried my gps recevier it seem to work fine so far. Since I can't use Pocketmap Navigator anymore as they do not have the wm5 upgrade So thanks for the nice find Free is always good. I have the Samsung I 730

Thanks
    Last edited by lynnhamm; 03-30-2007 at 11:28 AM.