+ Reply to Thread

people cannot hear me...help please

my ppc 6600 just started having this problem....people can barely hear me..i can hear them clearly though...i have to scream for people to hear me...did hard reset and still the same...any advice??? thank you.

Administrator
    sounds like a faulty phone. did you try with a headset and see if the problem is still there?

people hear me fine when using a headset...you think its a hardware issue for sure? that sucks...this phone here in PR has no warranty with my current service provider...

thanks for the help bud

Administrator
    yeah if they can hear you via headset but not at all without the headset, it may be a headset port issue... could be dislodged form the board... does the headphone port wiggle around? if its not working properly, it could interrupt the audio from the mic... is this a second hand phone or did you purchase it new?

i purchased it new...the port does not wiggle, it seems fine...

If they can hear you when you yell, the mic is connected. I believe that the smaller hole next to the reset hole at the bottom of the phone is the mic. Check that it is not blocked by some dirt or something.

Administrator
    hmm.. if it was covered with some dirt they should still be able to hear albeit it may sound muffled. i was under the impression they could not hear anything unless the headset was plugged in.

but, if they CAN hear a bit of yoru voice, then all hope may not be lost. if you did a complete hard reset (with the phone saying "erase all data" on the screen) and it still is not working (did you test it before you did a sync? doing a sync may install some software that could be causing the issue) then it is pretty much a phone/.hardware issue.

i havent sync my ppc in a while... i just backup regularly to my sd card...guess ill have to use it with a headset all the time...ill also check with my service provider to see if they'll change it or fix it for a few dollars....thx for the help guys...

oh and the hard reset does not say 'erase all data'....it just reboots with the little crosshairs to start setting it up...etc...is there another way to hard reset other than holding power button and pressing the reset?
    Last edited by jonji; 03-08-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Administrator
    hmm maybe the 660x doesnt say that... i have the 660x (well its in the drawer) and i thought it would say erase all data... i guess it does not so apologies for the mixup. but yeah it semes y ou are doing it correctly...