+ Reply to Thread

Help me fix this PDA..

Hello all,

First off, I'm located in Canada and my carrier is Bell Mobility, if that means anything.

I recently recieved a Audiovox 6600 in non working condition. I was told everything worked fine except for the phone function.

Specs:

ROM version: 2.04.00 WWE
    ROM date: 01/26/05
    Radio version: DM FAIL
    Protocol version: DM FAIL
    PRL version: N/A
    ExtROM version: 2.04.116 WWE
    Hardware version: 0041
    ESN: N/A
    Browser Version: MSIE 6.0
    Now I don't really know how to test the thing (to see if it actually works). I suppose I would have to go to the store and see if they can tell me. It works just fine. One thing I noticed.. as it boots, it says the following in the bottom-right corner:
    P DM FAIL
    R DM FAIL
    D 2.04.00 WWE
    Maybe it's because the phone is not connected to the carrier.

Any advice on what to do? Perhaps a ROM upgrade?

Thanks

Can someone please link me to any ROM update that I can successfully flash on my Bell Mobility PPC6600.

I figure if I reflash it, it may restore the phone function.

Thanks

Fully Converged
    you need a radio ROM for your particular carrier. Check Bell's website or utstar.com for a ROM update
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Neither Bell or Utstar's websites had radio roms for Bell Mobility.

Could someone possibly link me to one or back it up from their phone?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Might be able to help if I know more info about your 6600. To start, click start, then settings, then system, then click the Device Information Icon. I am interested in what is under the identity section under model number. I may need still more info but that is a start.

IM me an email address and I will email you a program to get the info I need.

Model Number: PH20A2

What is this info needed for?

Well I need the phones provider number, not the provider it is going to be put on, but the one it was manufactured for. to get that number unzip the attached file and copy the exe file into your phones \windows\start menu\program folder, then run it (getdevicedata.exe). You sould not see anything happen, but after you run it you will have a devicedata.txt file in your phones \windows folder. Send me that file, or just the 8 digit number near the middle of the file. Mine is verizon and is 56450001 if that helps you to find it.

The 6600's have basicly 2 types of radio's , one evdo and one that can not do evdo, after that you have different national builds, so the phone can work with the different frenquencies the different nations use.

You could have a bad radio, in that case flashing it will not help, or you could have a non evdo radio flashed with an evdo radio rom. I have tried the other way, I have flashed my evdo radio with a non evdo radio rom, the result was my phone would work, it just could do 1x not evdo till I flashed it back. However I have seen non evdo phones flashed with the evdo radio roms, and the radio section was dead, at least till the radio was flashed with a compatable radio rom.
    Attached Files

Hey there,

I tried flashing the ROM to an older one (2.03), didn't work.

I also did what you requested, got the following:

PH20A2 A 2 WWE E     * 2.03.00 0 0 2.04.116 DM FAIL
    I doubt it was flashed by anyone prior to me.

Heh, now what?

Thanks

with what rom are you flashing it? 2.03 was a telus rom for AU not sure the freq is right for us or canada. 2.07 is a verizon rom (evdo). The numbers I need should have been before the squares. try to send me or attach a copy of the file, not opened with wordpad or any other text program.

By the way there is (was) a 2.04 rom that did come from canada, but without the provider numbers from the phone, you could be loading roms all month and never get the right one.

Dave,

That's all there was in the file. Even did it twice.

What now?

Thanks

Go to the UTStarcom Website...You may be able to pick up the ROMs for your device there.