Closed Thread

XV6600 and 1GB SD Card Question

I just bought a 1GB SD card for my XV6600 and much to my shagrin I find out that my 6600 can only see it when the SD card is locked, thus making it impossible for me to write to it unless its attaced to my PC via some kinda of card reader. Anyone else run into this?
    \

Administrator
    i dont understand what your saying. you cant work with the card unless its in a card reader?

Well the XV6600 would not recognize the card unless it was locked. While locked it could not be written to while inside the PDA. But its all a moot point now. I traded it for a Sony Vaio Athlon XP 1800 notebook that only needed a power supply. Turns out my risk was well worth it. I had another power supply from a different laptop that while it wasn't powerful enough to actually run the Vaio. It WAS powerful enough to turn it on and see if it POSTed, which it did!

If I'm reading correctly, you traded the 6600 for a Vaio?

If I'm misunderstanding, or if the new owner of the 6600 is interested in troubleshooting this problem, see if you can try a different SD card in the device. If the 6600 can't work with that card either, then my thought is it's a problem with the 6600's card slot.

Also, if it's possible to try that specific SD card in a different device, you will be able to see if the card itself can work properly or not.

Administrator
    well since its moot im closing the thread