+ Reply to Thread

netflix "on demand"

anyone find a way of streaming netlix movies from their website to your pda? what about a site like mobile dock that translates the stream for you?

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    I don't think the process is optimized for streaming to handhelds.

If ya want to do that, check out Web Guide. If you have a Media Center PC at home you can do anything you want! Music, recorded TV & movies, music, photos ... even live TV!
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

yeah, i have orb (which is badass!) i like watching tv and accessing my mp3's at home.

i was hoping to stream through netflix so i can save a little hard drive space on my computer at home. does anyone know if you actually stream the movie or download the whole thing?

or, does anyone know how music dock works? is there a way to use a home computer as a hub?

thanks!

p.s. like many things on my phone...i really don't NEED to do this, but it's just one more thing to add to the arsenol when showing people how badass this thing is.

The best way I've found to stream movies to a 6600 is to shrink them and store them as AVIs or MPEGs etc. on your hard drive. The 6600 screen doesn't need more resolution than it's capable of displaying, and with a shrunken movie you're more likely to get a smooth stream with no buffering interruptions. And you save space on your hard drive.