+ Reply to Thread

New ROM Version Shipping ?

My trusty 6600 (sprint) died last week and I got a new one on insurance today .. another 6600.

This one has different version numbers on the ROM, and the title bar icons for connections are different.

My last phone never had a "1X" icon that came up. This one does, and the data send/receive icon is a bit different.

What's newest firmware version anybody has seen on one of these ? I wonder what's different on this thing ?

Thanks,

DLD

ROM Version : 2.07.00 WWE
    ROM Date : 02/07/06
    Radio Version : HA00_166
    Protocol Version : AA3.3.301
    PRL Version : 10037
    ExtROM Version : 2.07.115 WWE
    Hardware Version : 0041
    Last edited by RacerX10; 07-25-2007 at 12:50 AM.

good lord 65 views and no comments ?

dld

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Hey there,

You likely had the original ROM on your old device. I downloaded and have been running the 2.07 ROM for a few months now. However, I thought it was specific to Verizon, and I think you said you were with Sprint.

Anyway, yes, that is the latest and greatest ROM. Fixes some stuff, notably the BT stack, I think. Poke around the forum.. there is a listing of what it improves.

Enjoy.

Gare_NY
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

Question new rom also, new help with restore

I received a replacement sprint ppc6600 within the last week and I noticed the new data icons also. This is my third unit in about 2-3 years.

I did a restore from spb backup and notice media player skin won't display. I read in another post the possible registry changes with the new rom and the restore conflicting.

Is there a way to restore PIM data, programs etc, without restoring parts that will corrupt the new ROM version?

Thanks for the assistance.

Back to a PDA.... YES!!!!! degeiso's Avatar
    wow they still give these as replacements, thats cool i still love this phone!
    Luke

At&T Tilt with 8GB AData SDHC card.