+ Reply to Thread

Back from the brink...

OK, got my htc-6800 yesterday. What a great phone. I loved it the minute it came out of the box. Battery life was great, synced with my computer great, no bluetooth issues (scala 500 worked flawlessly) but... gasp... the damned Good technology that they built into the phone is 'available soon'. That's right, available soon, not today, probably not next month but 'soon'. I guess my next payment to Sprint will be made 'soon' and we'll see how well that works out.

So no e-mail means that this phone is a brick as far as I am concerned. So here I am back on my great, steady, hardworking ppc 6600...sob...I feel like I had a whirlwind affair...sob...only to find out she was a man...

How does the screen size of the 6800 compare to that of the 6600?

For that matter, how do the size and weight of the two phones compare?

Verizon hasn't even got the 6800 listed yet, but I'm curious. If I do upgrade when my "new every 2" comes along in January, that's what I'd like to upgrade to.

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Convergent posted a very robust comparison/review of the 6800, and how it stacks up to the 6700 and 6600. See it here:
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/forums/reviews/88931-first-look-review-ppc-6800-aka-htc-mogul.html

Make sure you go through all the links in the box on the right-hand side, particularly the "Comparison with PPC-6600 / PPC-6700" link. In a nutshell - the 6800's screen is the same size as the 6700, both of which are smaller than the 6600.

Gare_NY
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

The smaller screen of the 6800 isn't as much of a let-down for me as I thought it would be vs. the 6600. The 6800 is a significantly more convenient size. I feel like I can pull out the 6800 in public without worrying that people think I look like Mr. Spock taking tricorder readings.

The 6800 is noticeably lighter and easier to carrying in your pocket or on your belt.

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Well, I've been keeping my 6600 in my PDA wallet that I used with the Thera/2032, as they were both roughly the same size. It's fully zippered and holds all my cards and cash, and yes, it's a man-purse. But I can tell you this much - because of the man-purse, my 6600 has survived a handful of falls that would have undoubtedly cracked the screen by now.

Plus.. I kind of like looking like Mr. Spock. Maybe it's the ears...

Gare_NY
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'