+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Is there a way to un-brick my XV6600?

I have searched a bit but I am hoping that the news is not as bad as I think it is. First, I bought the xv6600 used, so no equipment coverage.

Last night I tried to apply the latest AKU from VZW and eventually got a connection error message. Since then the screen on the 6600 is dark and I can faintly read "Serial" at the top of the screen and V1. 02 on the bottom. I have tried a hard reset, but no cigar.

I do remember someone posting on thee 6700 forum that there is a complicated way to "un-brick" that device. Is there a similar procedure that can bring this thing back to life?

Thanks for any help!!

Administrator
    that same procedure should be able to work for the 66. give it a try.

i would reboot the pc and then connect your 6600 and try the upgrade again. i've recovered from a few upgrades without a real problem.

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem with my Sprint 6601. I've reset my PC and reran the updater several times and it my an error message. Does anyone know of a definite fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
    Two3

I ended up getting an insurance replacement when this happened to me.

Try this

I thought I had bricked my phone but try this... pull the battery wait like 15 seconds then put battery back and simultaniously press record, power, reset. This will load the bootloader manually, then kill activesync if it is running on your pc then connect pda to computer it will detect the pda and want a driver use the wceusbsh.inf provided on the manufacturer cd it will install the driver to communicate to the device and thus the bootloader. Run any rom installer and hopefully it will "un-brick" your pda. It may take several tries to get it to install the driver properly and then run the flash properly. Each time it fails reboot so it can reload the driver. Hope this helps it saved mine.

I finally got it working. I figured out you have to run the updater from a Window XP machine not Vista. As soon as i ran the updater from a XP machine it complete the update no problem.