+ Reply to Thread

help! stuck in align screen

ive had my 6600 for a while now and my battery was giving out on me...i bought one and it doesnt charge...light stays red...was going to buy another one but now it just stays stuck in the align screen....i keep hitting the crosshairs 100's of times but nothing...

could tht be the battery or did my phone crap out...i dont want to buy another battery and still stay stuck in the align screen....thx for any help...

Forever Confused
    I just ordered 2 new batteries for mine. I was stuck in a reboot loop. I ended up reflashing the thing and reloading my software. It no longer rebooting but the batteries still drain in only about 5 hours of little use. You may have to do the same thing. Something may have gotten corrupted.

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    Hi,

I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but it sounds more like your digitizer is screwed up. This is the actual touch-screen portion of your device. Note that this is not the LCD itself, the part of your screen that generates the graphics - it is a thin layer above that which you touch with the stylus to enter info. Since your digitizer is dead, you can't align the screen, and as there is no way to bypass that process (that I know of), you can't use the device for much of anything. Sorry.

I think PPCTechs has a repair for the digitizer that isn't too unreasonable. Google them or search this group.

Good luck,

Gare
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

thanks for the help guys...im using my old nokia 6255i now, i forgot how incredible the difference in battery life is...lol...guess its time for a new phone