+ Reply to Thread

Audiovox PPC6600 can't displace SMS messages

Ok this is an old phone but in out little private telecom is this or a Blackberry.
    One of the apps I install (I'm thinking its Emoze email push client - as it stops sending and recieving at times - have to reinstall it to make it work again then SMS seems to stop working - connection?) seems to currupt incoming SMS display. When an incoming SMS text message come into the phone I see the backlight come on but the message never displays.

I'm suspecting that some windows dll or other gets currupted or something.
    If I Hard reset the device SMS text works. Then if I add my backup it doesn't eventhough at the time the backup was made 'everything' (apps) worked.

This is a cranky device at the best of times - anyone that has had one knows that. But it has some great flexibilty. Rebuilding it every other month though it painful.

If anyone has any ideas - please let me know otherwise its another complete rebuild..

Windows Mobile 2003SE ROM version 2.04.00 WWE 01/26/05
    Operating on a 1xRTT network.

I'm thinking that a dll get corrupted - I looked through the registry to see if I could find something only finding one reference to SMS. I'll rebuild from scratch with all my usual apps (except Emoze) then backup the windows folder once tested and everything working. Then install Emoze and when it happens again try uninstalling Emoze - reinstalling the windows folder (if it will let me).

Other option is to track down the dll and back that up when working. Assuming of course this is what is causing the problem.

Comments? Cheers

Got to thinking that it could be the older version of SPB Pocket Plus - So I've rebuilt the unit without it and will see what happens.
    Last edited by bazagee; 11-13-2007 at 08:16 AM.