+ Reply to Thread

xv6600woc.serial and v1.02 n stuck n screen

hi guys i am new to this forum.some please please please help me out.i just got myself a new audiovox xv6600 and i tried upgrading my rom from 2.03 to 2.04 and the next thing i notice is my screen is stuck with th words serial and v1.02.i tried reseting it,both hard reset and soft reset.i tried starting the upgrade again but it deos nt read my phone.the phone deos nt even charge wen its in the cradle.the only thing it changes from serial to usb. some please HELP HELP me out as soon as possible.
    am guessing this is a fault known as bricking?

Forever Confused
    When you did the update, did the program say it was complete? If it didn't just run it again. Hell even if it did you can still run the update again. Either way, it's very very very.....very hard to brick these things.

vx6600 showing not connected

Quote Originally Posted by cougargt View Post
    When you did the update, did the program say it was complete? If it didn't just run it again. Hell even if it did you can still run the update again. Either way, it's very very very.....very hard to brick these things.
    Please help I can go to the device manager and see the device and it says it's working ,but my phone is still showing usb ,how can I install the new software ,(I am running vista) I have even tried it through vista and still nothing, TY Barry

Manual for how to flash a rom in Vista - Page 5 - xda-developers this thread contains the information you need. The files are in rar compression which is another form of zip. Just downloand the software to unpack it.