+ Reply to Thread

keyboard keys don't work

the top right key board keys (p, o, i, u) don't work at times, i have the XV6700 and helmi's very first WM6 Update (the one he released all the way back in NOV) i never really use my keyboard as much but its starting to become a real issue now, any suggestions?

I'm really considering downgrading back to OEM WM5, but i'm unsure as to how to do so, would some one please help out?

Are you suggesting the ROM is having an effect on the keyboard? I dont think it will but rather you have a hardware issue itself in the keypad and it will need to be replaced.
    Currently using a rooted Droid X

kinda why i want to downgarde to WM5, im pretty sure turning in a phone thats running wm6 will void my warranty with verizon, so i want to downgrade to WM5, but the thing is that i'm afraid of the phone bricking because i bricked it once before
    so any tutorials on this with links would be appreciated

www.utstar.com - /pcd/downloads/

Down load the WM5 file for your 67, once on the pc..run the exe, it will then load the rom via activesync to the 67 thats it.
    Kirvins C&S 3.5 "Still Kicking"

I agree with UZ but tat the same time, I keep seeing everyone talking about claiming insurance and wanting to put the phone back to and OEM state so they can turn it in. Just keep the damn thing and claim it as lost or stolen and see it all for parts PLUS you would be keeping one from going back to the carrier and geting refurbed just to be sent back out to me or you or someone else. I know it is a long ways off likely but at least if we ALL did that we would get somewhat closer to depleting the 6700 stock and then we could all have 6800s.

any one know verizon's policy on returning / claiming lost phones, i've swapped mine out 3 times previously and this is my fourth one....i picked up this phone, well it'll be 1 year at the end of june

no more than 2 in 12 months on insurance, swapping out in the store is something different

in store...not online, any suggestions?

this won't brick my phone will it??

to note i'm going from WM6 to WM5 (i think theres a bootloader change when you go to WM6 and i'm afraid of not being able to finish installing WM5)

worked, and i got my phone traded, thanks to all who helped =D

what did you get it traded for?