+ Reply to Thread

Whats wrong with my phone???

Hello everyone I received my phone in the mail today from seller A List Phones from eBay (I know a big no-no!). Well I got it, I tried turning it on, nothing happened. So I thought the bat. was dead so I put it on the charger, nothing happened when I plugged in the charger, so does this sound like a battery issue? Surely it should turn on even when it has not been activated. So what you think?

Thanks For the help in advance!!!

Caleb

Administrator
    battery must be installed (i believe) in order to get the phone to come on at all.

i did have the battery installed. i will prob. have two send it back. anyone have one for sale, under $100?

Thanks
    CALEB

If it is completely dead it will not turn on until it has a good charge and yes the phone will not turn on w/o the batt in it although i know you said you have it in it. Just try letting it get a good charge for a while. Are you sure in the auction listing the seller said it was a workable and functional phone? You can pick up a usable 67 off ebay for less than 100 in most cases.
    Currently using a rooted Droid X

yeah it said working and ready to activate. I let it charge over night still nothing. They also sent the wrong usb cable. I am going to measure the battery with a volt meter to if that it. If it is will this battery work? EXTENDED BATTERY+COVER FOR SPRINT AUDIOVOX PPC-6700 PDA - eBay (item 270242298325 end time Jun-01-08 09:05:56 PDT)

Even though it is not a name brand battery?

Administrator
    the battery you have now--- is it a OEM battery? or a no name battery? if you are not sure just post the name of the battery.

i would not get a off market battery. spend the extra dollars and get the OEM battery.

if you let the phone sit overnight with the charger plugged in and the phone has not come on, the battery is probably faulty. any usb cable will work so try another usb cable if you have one lying around.

i recommend you not purchase an aftermarket battery. who knows what QC was in place at time of manufacture.. or if ANY QC was in place... stick to OEM

Try these guys, they have been doing great batteries for the 6700 since the beginning. They are not the cheapest, but it works as advertised.

::: Lion Battery :::

Two other things,
    Remove the mini SD card if you have one in there

Hold the Pwr button down for like 45 seconds, sometimes the back light gets turned off (which makes the unit look dead but it isn't really), If you hold the pwr button down long enough it recycles the backlight.
    Last edited by The_Omni; 06-11-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    The_Omni

Did you every get your phone to start?

Hi computerman0219,

I just purchased a from A List Phones on ebay and it doesn't power up either after repeated attempts to start it. Perhaps he will get back with me, though he has not yet and I have tried his yahoo address, through ebay and through paypal.

Hopefully he'll get back with me and 'make it right' by offering a refund & return.

Did you every get your phone to start?

Robert

the ebay screw..

"A List Phones" is gone...

I found this thread when I Google-searched "A List Phones"

The seller is now listed as "No longer a registered user" on eBay and the listing for the phone I bought "has been removed or is no longer available."

I know this because I went to send him a message to let him know that the Alltel phone I purchased from him 10 days ago ("MOTOROLA E816 HOLLYWOOD EDITION FOR ALLTEL**RARE**") is not, in fact, an Alltel phone (it's labeled as "Amp'd Mobile") and nothing I tried with Alltel customer support on the line would get it to activate.

10 minutes later and I've completed the PayPal claim form and will now wait up to 30 days for my refund. Right about now, assuming I get all my money back, I'm quite happy that eBay owns PayPal.

The thing I don't get is this... if he's some sort of scammer, why not keep the money and not send me a phone at all? So because of this logic, I had hoped it was just a mishap and maybe he'd be reinstated (to send me a good phone!), but now that I see the phone's he sent you guys were DOA, I doubt I'll have any resolution except hopefully a full refund.