+ Reply to Thread

activation problems.

ok so my friend gave me his 6700 because the lg rumor is boring to me. but anyway the problem is that he installed windows mobile 6 and the htc software on it, and when i take it to the sprint store to activate it they said they couldnt bc it doesnt have the original windows mobile 5. we tried everything all the unlock codes but nothing comes up. i was just wondering if anyone knew where i can get windows mobile 5 to install or a solution to my problem.
    thx
    -mike-

I believe this is the last official release from UTStar.com for the Sprint Apache. Be aware it's old and unpatched, but it should work for activating the phone before re-loading WM6.

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...0_WWE_Ship.exe
    XV6700 w/ Custom Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - from Helmi_c and the guys at PPCGeeks.com

This is the reason...people should not activate a "Unofficial Rom" I say again "Unofficial Rom"....of course sprint is going to send you out the door.

Activate with an "Official Rom" fromt the link stated by TMB.
    Kirvins C&S 3.5 "Still Kicking"

Just curious if this resolution worked for you as I'm encountering the same dilemma... Do you need to uninstall mobile 6.0 from the PPC6700 before activating with this link? If so, how so?
    Thanks