+ Reply to Thread

Screen keeps turning all white

I have the Sprint PPC6700. On Sunday, I began experiencing a new problem. Often, the screen turns all white. For example, I might start running ActiveSync, and before I can hit the Sync button, the screen just goes blank. Not a black kind of blank, but all white. I can turn the screen off, and back on, and the images are back, sometimes for a long time, sometimes for seconds.

The only thing that has happened that might explain it is I was at the lake, we were power washing a boat, and my shorts got soaked. The phone was in my pocket, so it was damp on the outside, but not wet.

Administrator
    well did this happen before our pants got soaked or after? if this started AFTER your pants got soaked, that probably explains it. thee phones are not watertight and any moisture can creep inside the unit... if you had a convection oven, id throw it in there. if not, perhaps it will dry itself out and the problem may go away if there is not any internal damage due to the moisture

Embarrassingly enough, I noticed the problem AFTER I noticed my phone sitting in a drenched pocket.

I'll hope for the best with evaporation.

Administrator
    yeah if the phone functions fine on all other fronts, then this may pass.. if you dont have 3rd party insurance... now may be the time to consider it..

I had a similiar problem with two phones. One was dropped on my wood deck, and one took a dive in the toilet.

Here's what fixed mine, I think the price is good...

LCD Screen for HTC 8125 8100 MDA PPC-6700 XV6700 +Tools - eBay (item 380043722338 end time Jul-12-08 17:54:27 PDT)

There is a disassembly guide on the forum somewhere. If you can take your time and be careful, its worth doing.

TomD