+ Reply to Thread

free Dialup Isp = success

so i managed to get free Dialup internet using a california ISP with a national access number today and i am stoked

SoCal Free Net -- Free Nationwide ISP

i researched this option before but wasnt going to pay for an ISP if it wouldnt work and everyone said it wouldnt work.

just setup the connection and make it the default. i havent checked to see if verizon has charged KB for using it but i am sure you can easily suck down minutes with it atleast now i can check my e-mail on the go which is all i really wanted to be able to do in the first place.

i will update to confirm KB usage later.

no way in hell will i pay 45$ for internet on my phone
    Last edited by ironsoulreaver; 07-18-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

ok... it still registered to verizon as data usage. can thay charge me for data usage if i call a 3rd party ISP?
    Phone history: kyocera 7135, treo 600, samsung i600, samsung i730, HTC ppc6700

[SIZE="4"]Visit my webpage! and help it grow![/SIZE]

if your just using it for email, then i would recommend getting ur emails forward via sms

Administrator
    yes verizon can. if you are not using wifi, and you are dialing #777, you are using verizons pipe--and they will charge you. even if you are not dialing #777 but are using their data network to CALL this isp, they can still track your data usage and ding you...