+ Reply to Thread

how to block calls with this phone (Verizon service)??

My old phone I could block a number ex. 513-123-9876 with my phone. Is there a way to completly block a number with this phone. If so then how? If not then for you verizon users how do I do it through them. I cant find info on either. Thanks

Chad Stradling

Administrator
    what phone and service provider were you using that wuold let you block the number directly from your phone?

I dont remember the phone model, it has an option where the phone itself would just completly ignore certain unwanted calls. It was 2 phones ago, about a year and a half ago so I cant remember.

Administrator
    was it on verizon? and was this phone a ppc/palm phone or a conventional flip non smartphone?

I would be extremely interested in this as well, but I must say I am a bit skeptical...I have never heard of a Verizon phone that offered this capability.

Administrator
    which is why im asking.....

it was on verizon and was a regular flip phone. I think it was an lg. when I ot the phone I started exploring and there was an option for me to ignore calls from certain numbers which is why I asked if this phone has it. I could be wrong it may not have has that ability but I don't think I would have interpreted it like that is it wasn't. I'm 99.9% sure it did have that ability. but that's not why I made this thread, from the responses here I can tell this phone doesn't have that capability so how do I go about blocking numbers through verizon. does any one know because I can't find that either not even on their site. thanks in advance

Chad Stradling

I have been told by Verizon tech support more than once that their network simply does not offer this ability to its users. I hope I'm dead wrong...but I think I'm not.

we'll that suck but I'm sure they have thrie reasons

Well, all my contacts are in my phone. If one of them calls me, the name will be shown. If I cannot recognize the phone number, I have the option not to answer the call and let it goes to voice mail. After all, that's what voice mail is for. I figure if it is important enough, the caller will leave a voice mail. Otherwise, it is not that important then.

This little scheme works very well for me. And if you are getting a lot of unwanted calls, perhaps you should consider to change your phone number.

Administrator
    yeah i have never heard of that feature on a network which is why i asked. to get more inof and try to help.

at the least, if the number does not show up as unknown and is an actual number (not private) just setup a list and a silent ringtone and assign that ringtone to those contacts. the phone will ring , but since the ringer is silent, you wont hear it. thats an old school trick

all nextel phones (except maybe the blackberrys) have a call filter option.

Genius
    My Treo 600 did exactly this on Sprint.

It would pick up and immediately hang up a call. Or send it to voicemail, or whatever I told it to do.

The program was call "callfilter". I used it for 2 years, and I miss it tremendously. I wish there was something like it for WM5.

I found this today:
    http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/d...artphones.html

This is an old thread but hey... somebody might want to try it. I don't get very many calls and like one of the above folks suggested, when I don't want to answer, I let it go to voicemail (which is NOT what the original author was looking for)!

Now and then I get a telemarketer or someone constantly bugging my phone.

I just have a contact called DO NOT ANSWER. Whenever I get a number calling me alot, but not leaving a message I add it to that contact. Custom ringer is set to a silent MP3 file.

So yes the phone does light up and show an incoming call, but I don't hear it, and if I do happen to see the phone ringing, I see DO NOT ANSWER on the display.