+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sprint ## codes list??

Hi, does anyone have a listof the Sprint codes (i.e.##XXXX#) that can be used to access certain menus and what optimizations can be made within those?
    Sprint PPC6700
    Microsoft's Power Toys
    Microsoft Voice Command

##33284# brings up the FieldTrial menu ... lots of helpful info there

that's the only one i know of

I have no clue what any of that info means, but it was fun!!! Thanks for the input!!
    Sprint PPC6700
    Microsoft's Power Toys
    Microsoft Voice Command

ugp
    Here you go...

Code:
    Code        Number   Program Run on the Sprint 6700 
    ##DIAG#     3424     "DMRouter.exe" 
    ##DEBUG#    33284    "FieldTrial.exe" 
    #HELP#      4357     "EPST.exe #4357" 
    ##PRL#      775      "EPST.exe ##775" 
    ##DATA#     3282     "EPST.exe ##3282" 
    ##PREV#     7738     "EPST.exe ##7738" 
    ##AKEY#     2539     "EPST.exe ##2539" 
    ##VOCODER#  8626337  "EPST.exe ##8626337" 
    ##RTN#      786      "EPST.exe ##786" 
    ##pst#      778      "EPST.exe ##778"
    - ugp -

Extreme Overclocker!

Thanks ugp.

Any comments on what these menus are or what tweaking we can do with them?
    Sprint PPC6700
    Microsoft's Power Toys
    Microsoft Voice Command

Sprint codes won't work

When I put in a code (##775#) I don't get anything. It just sits on my dialer. They worked prior to trying to update to the latest PRL--I just accessed it a week ago. I have not installed any new software since that time. I have done a soft reset-still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheryl

Same..
    -mark

Always Believe In 1 GroundNPound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwester
    When I put in a code (##775#) I don't get anything. It just sits on my dialer. They worked prior to trying to update to the latest PRL--I just accessed it a week ago. I have not installed any new software since that time. I have done a soft reset-still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheryl
    What is this all supposed to do? How exactly do I update?
    There is no ideal routine. In fact, the key to any routine lies in your ability to abandon it for another.

-Always Believe In One Forum-

Quote Originally Posted by kcwester

Cheryl
    I did the update today and the phone responds correctly when I put the ##775# back in again.

Bob

Any new codes out there anyone know of or have discovered since May?

when i put in the ##775# i get asked for an unlock code? i tried the code when my phone is locked but that doesnt do it. noob question prolly. help

MSL explained

Quote Originally Posted by yodas-gsr
    when i put in the ##775# i get asked for an unlock code? i tried the code when my phone is locked but that doesnt do it. noob question prolly. help
    your phone is looking for the MSL in order for you to proceed. I took the below explanation from phone scoop:

MSL

(Master Subsidy Lock)

A numeric code (password) that prevents a user from accessing certain technical settings of a phone. It is specifically designed to prevent a phone from being reprogrammed to work with a different carrier (service provider).

This is what is usually meant when a phone is referred to as "locked". There are also "unlocked" phones that can be reprogrammed to work with a different carrier.

The reason for this system is the way phones are often sold. Many phones are sold below cost, (at a loss to the carrier,) with the expectation that the money will be recouped in the cost of the monthly service plan. The up-front loss that is later recouped is called a Subsidy.

For this to work financially for the carrier, the user must not buy the phone and then use it with a different carrier. The MSL makes that nearly impossible.

Unlocked phones are ususally much more expensive than locked phones, because there is no subsidy to offset the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by slypher
    your phone is looking for the MSL in order for you to proceed. I took the below explanation from phone scoop:

MSL

(Master Subsidy Lock)

A numeric code (password) that prevents a user from accessing certain technical settings of a phone. It is specifically designed to prevent a phone from being reprogrammed to work with a different carrier (service provider).

This is what is usually meant when a phone is referred to as "locked". There are also "unlocked" phones that can be reprogrammed to work with a different carrier.

The reason for this system is the way phones are often sold. Many phones are sold below cost, (at a loss to the carrier,) with the expectation that the money will be recouped in the cost of the monthly service plan. The up-front loss that is later recouped is called a Subsidy.

For this to work financially for the carrier, the user must not buy the phone and then use it with a different carrier. The MSL makes that nearly impossible.

Unlocked phones are ususally much more expensive than locked phones, because there is no subsidy to offset the cost.
    ok thanks for the info. My question is that I have my MSL and so how do I officially "unlock" my phone?
    There is no ideal routine. In fact, the key to any routine lies in your ability to abandon it for another.

MSL Code

Where can I find my MSL Code? Is it the same for all phones?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding
    Where can I find my MSL Code? Is it the same for all phones?
    No it's not all the same or then anyone can unlock any phone. Call Sprint CSR and just tell them you need to manually update your PRL and you need your MSL to do it cause the automated system will not work to update. Once they give you the code thank them nicely and end the call.

Now you're in business.

A note about the above mentioned process of getting your MSL:

There are actually 2 different codes, the MSL which allows you into the phone as many times as you want, then the OTSKL which lets you in only once, which is what they might give you. There is no way to know in advance so be sure to do what you want to do while you are in there and do not just punch it in to test. If it works a second time then you got it

where do you put in the codes once you recieve them

Quote Originally Posted by trademark07
    where do you put in the codes once you recieve them
    Well when you follow the PRL steps or whatever you need to do when the MSL is requested a page pops up on the phone asking for it. Then you simply enter it in.

I keep my MSL in my contacts just so I always have it with me. You can also just create a note with it.

Hey guys,

I just bought Samsung A900 few days ago and was also looking around for best way to get the MSL.

If you tell them you need to update PRL and they ask you why, what are you supposed to answer to that? Why would one need to do that? If I bought the phone very recently, is there anything else I can tell them?

Euphorically Confused
    Tell them you are having issues getting an OTA update, but you do have a prl file that was sent to you. If they say no, get transferred to someone else. One thing that I have actually dealt with in the past was my old 6600 needing to use different prls in different parts of the country.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate