+ Reply to Thread

Are your MSID and MDN the same as your phone number??

When I called Sprint's CS line to get my MSL, MSID, and MDN number, the rep told me that me MSID and my MDN are going to be the same as my phone number, is this correct? Also, could you check to see if they are the same on your phone? I'm not asking for the number, just checking to see if they're the same. Thanks

they're not the same on my phone.

That depends. I ported my number into sprint so in my case they were different. In some cases they may be the same.
    Sprint PPC-6700 EV-DO ROM + AKU 3.3 hack
    Slingplayer Mobile w. Oakley RazrWIRE & Moto HT820
    Kingston 2GB MiniSD

From my understanding, the MDN will always be your phone number. The MSID may or may not be. I didn't port my old number over and my MSID *is not* the same as my phone number. Really, all you need to get is the MSL, and then do the ##786#, enter the MSL as the "unlock code", but don't hit reset. You'll see your MSID listed on the screen then.

The MDN and MSID are 2 indipendant numbers that may just happen to be the same. The MDN is your actual phone number for you, your friends, familiy etc... Your MSID is your phone number for the network. If you do a port from one company to the other your MDN and MSID will probably be diffrent, if you have had the same company and the same number for a few years then it is probably the same. The changes were done about 6 months before porting started for sprint (if you remember Sprint was unable to do changes for a couple weeks and then about a month before porting AT&T was down and it took them 3-4 months to be able to take care of all their customers, this was due to software problems).

ugp
    I work at Radio Shack so I sell alot of Sprint phones...the majority of the time the MDN and MSID are the same but sometimes they differ and they will always differ with a Port into Spring.
    - ugp -

Extreme Overclocker!

Mine are the same. That has absolutly nothing to do with yours, but it does answer your thread question!