+ Reply to Thread

Verizon--Cracked screen--no insurance--REPLACEMENT???

Ok. I dropped the phone...after being careful for over 3 months with this baby.......I drop it. I have no insurance (dummiest thing I've EVER done.....well maybe not the dummiest but one of the dummiest) and now I'm in need of a new one. I went to Verizon today and they told me that I have to talk to the technician who are in on Monday. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what to expect. The sale rep. told me I may be able to get a refurbished replacement for $50 but he wasn't sure. He said that he believed there was a plan for those who do not have insurance on PDA phones to get replaced.

Has anyone gone through this problem?

Thank you
    Doug

Looks like ur SOL

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...~IMT-LCD03.htm

A little expensive - but when you consider you would pay $50 deductable, and $5/mo for 2 years, it evens out I guess. That is, assuming you don't break it again.

I've never had service done by these guys but I've never heard any complaints, and I've bought several of their accessories before and I've always had a good customer experience with them. Their screen protectors are awesome, I had one on my Axim X5 for over 2 years and one on my current Axim X30 for over a year and a half now, with no need to replace them, and will be buying them for my PPC6700 when I get it.